SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#200378 - 02/28/03 12:41 PM Musitronics USB
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi SynthZone Friends

I want to tell you about the Musitronics USB interface that I installed in my Korg pa80 yesterday. I play my PSR2000 a lot, but my Korg had been getting neglected. One big reason that I didn’t enjoy my pa80 was because my internal hard drive was really disorganized. That happens easily on a Korg because of the way Korg requires the Folders (.SET) structure. So things can get buried in layers of useless folders. And the Korg requires a LOT of button pushing to work with files on the drive…Do you want to delete?... Are you sure?.... Really positively?... Press Enter to Delete?...

Anyway, with my Musitronics USB installed, I copied the entire hard drive to my computer in a minute or two, reorganized everything to my liking and send it back to the pa80 hard drive. It took me about 15 minutes to do what would have taken me hours to do on the pa80. And I got a full back up on my computer just in case.

While I was at it, I decided to transfer 3,000 MIDI files to the pa80 hard drive. This took like 2 minutes. I would never have bothered doing this before. Using floppies to get them to the hard drive would have taken days.

So, let me say that I’m really happy with the Musitronics USB. Sure, it’s not perfect (yet), but it is pretty damn good. I know they make them for Yamaha PSR9000, 9000pro & Tyros, too. It’s really worth looking at if you do a lot of hard drive file transfers or really need to have a reliable back up.

Oh I almost forgot… I was able to do this hard drive maintenance from my comfy chair in front of the TV. I have a wireless network in my home and used that to manage my desktop computer upstairs that was hooked to the pa80. Pretty cool…

Tom G.

#200379 - 02/28/03 12:59 PM Re: Musitronics USB
trtjazz Offline

Tom,
Very cool glad Oliver O Oliver got that happenin'.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#200380 - 02/28/03 01:36 PM Re: Musitronics USB
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Still waiting for mine!!!

[This message has been edited by rhumba (edited 02-28-2003).]

#200381 - 02/28/03 10:11 PM Re: Musitronics USB
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Rhumba

If you have problems or questions, email me and I'll try to help you out. Oliver will be going to MusicMesse in Frankfurt soon, so I don't know how easy he'll be to contact.

Tom G.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online