SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#199733 - 12/15/04 04:34 PM Please Help with decision........
musicman37 Offline

I am considering buying the PSR3000 and was wondering if someone could tell me about the 32,000 note sequencer limitation. Approximately how long will it sequence for using all 16 tracks??? I know it depends on how many notes are played, but just wanted to get an idea. And also, psr3000 verses triton le and extreme? Which would you prefer?? Thanks to all who respond..

#199734 - 12/15/04 09:31 PM Re: Please Help with decision........
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Those Tritons are not arrangers, so it's not a fair comparison. The sequencer is something I've never tapped into, sorry!
For what it's worth ... I see the Triton-LE as a dead horse in a year.....I'd stay away from it.

#199735 - 12/16/04 12:32 AM Re: Please Help with decision........
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
32000 note mem is 3-4 well written songs(around 8 trks ).

triton le and xtreme has 200,000 note mem.

3k is the arranger with best feature/price for now.

tritons are workstations with many users worldwide and great 3rd party support.though their sounds are repeated alot and are weak on acoustic dept they still sell.

before you compare read this first. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009235.html

#199736 - 12/16/04 05:50 AM Re: Please Help with decision........
musicman37 Offline

Thanks for the input. Forgot that the models I mentioned were from different worlds,(arranger vs workstation). I am definately in the market for arranger but love alot of the sfx you get with a workstation. Are some of those sfx available for PRS3000 and does it have some good effects in preset sounds? Last but not least, have also looked at the EXR5. Dont like the small polyphony, but other features seem comparable to PSR3000. What do you guys(and Gals)think?
Thank you.

#199737 - 12/16/04 05:50 AM Re: Please Help with decision........
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I've owned both the Triton Prox-88 and the Tyros...

A few observations..

The piano samples in the Triton are very weak and thin sounding. Honestly, I could not use them in a live seting they are that bad.

The Tyros piano smaples are significantly better.

If you are looking to not use a basic piano and are looking more toward solo and pad sounds in the context of an ensemble, then the Triton will be more usable.

However, you can do all things with the Tyros as well.

The Tyros is much smaller and light wieght.

I was dissatisfied with the Triton from the moment I took it out of the box.

I have been thrilled with the Tyros since I took IT out of the box.

Very different keyboards, to be sure...I clearly prefer the Tyros.

Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 12-16-2004).]

#199738 - 12/16/04 05:55 AM Re: Please Help with decision........
musicman37 Offline

thanks bill. Your input is greatly appreciated. I have looked at the triton and the PSR3000 seems to fit my budget better for now. Do you use sequencing often. Would like to hear some input on ease of use and capabilities.

Thanks again bill.

#199739 - 12/16/04 06:02 AM Re: Please Help with decision........
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I tried to use the sequencer with the Triton and found out quickly it wasn't for me. You need to build each sequence from the ground up...one part at a time. One track for the kick drum, one for the snare, etc...Sometimes you can squeeze two in there, but I found it clumsy and time consuming.

Sequencing on the Tyros is very different...it records your sequence in full and in real time. Just no comparison in my opinion.

Also, the file management system on the Tyros is windows based and very easy to use.

The Triton was a headache, lol..

Bill in Dayton

#199740 - 12/16/04 07:37 AM Re: Please Help with decision........
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by musicman37:
Last but not least, have also looked at the EXR5. Dont like the small polyphony, but other features seem comparable to PSR3000. What do you guys(and Gals)think?
Thank you.

The EXR5 is no where near in the same class as a PSR3000. Roland doesn't have anything in that price point to compete effectively.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 12-16-2004).]

#199741 - 12/16/04 08:15 AM Re: Please Help with decision........
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Since you can transfer all recorded sequence's to a smart media card or thumb drive (psr3000), the number of songs or notes the sequencer holds, is not as important in todays keyboards. Just my opinion ....

Dan O'

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#199742 - 12/16/04 06:04 PM Re: Please Help with decision........
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Posted by Bill in Dayton:

"I tried to use the sequencer with the Triton and found out quickly it wasn't for me. You need to build each sequence from the ground up...one part at a time. One track for the kick drum, one for the snare, etc...Sometimes you can squeeze two in there, but I found it clumsy and time consuming."
-----------------------------------

Bill I'm confused by your response here. How did you go about recording patterns on the Triton? Were you using multiple tracks for each part of the drums? I don't see anything clumsy about constructing drum tracks on something like a Triton. I think they are way easier than arrangers. There's no need for multiple tracks on a workstation. You just pick a single track, and overdub each drum part. I would take a workstation any day because of how the pattern track layouts are arranged. The Motif is a good example. It works like my old EX-7. You can go into the pattern track and dial in a pattern at any measure in a song without ever having to wait for the part to play like you do on an arranger. You can chain an entire pattern togehter much quicker on a workstation. Again just my opinion on this.

Also you don't have to do one part at at time either with the drum recording. Just by practicing you can actually do the hi-hat, snare, kick, toms, cymbals, and fills all at the same time.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-16-2004).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online