SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#199658 - 12/29/04 02:03 PM ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
I never really got into arrangers but have an interest in them, especially lately. Over the years they have seem to progress and some say they can compete with the big boys, like the Triton, Motif, fantom etc. when it comes to sound quality. Over the years which arranger had it all or close to it. Obviously the new additions like the Pa1x, Tyros, G70 will be in the running. There have been many arrangers, so I'm sure it will be interesting to see everyones opinion.

[This message has been edited by SYNTH_GUY (edited 12-29-2004).]

#199659 - 12/29/04 09:13 PM Re: ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'll be glad to sing the praises of my favorite as soon as someone MKAES it!
So many have come so close, but none have it all.
The Tryos could be close with bigger keys and speakers.
The PA1x could be close if it had the ability to search for sequences during arranger playback and vice versa.
The XD9 coukld be close if the harmonizer was not tied into the polyphonic usage.
The KN6500 could be close if it had a useable mic input and harmonizer.
So many tries .......
so many "almosts" .......
None have hit it out of the park for me just yet.

#199660 - 12/29/04 09:23 PM Re: ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
All time favorite is still the 9000 by Yamaha.

Simple as that.

Dennis Almond

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#199661 - 12/30/04 05:49 AM Re: ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I own two 9000 Pro's so I guess it's my current fav, and there is no other arranger(s) I want in their place, but I've had several issues with Yamaha that make the 9000 Pro less of an "all-time fav" and more of a "it'll do for now fav". However if Yamaha or someone else doesn't make a better 76-note pro-level arranger than the 9000 Pro in the coming years then I guess the 9000 Pro will win my "all-time fav" label by default.

We focus on portable arrangers in this particular forum but there are bigger and better arrangers out there in the form of home instruments like Yamaha's CVP line and others. So the "all-time fav's" here don't necessarily mean the very best actual arrangers on the market are included.

#199662 - 12/30/04 07:06 AM Re: ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I'll be glad to sing the praises of my favorite as soon as someone MKAES it!
So many have come so close, but none have it all.
The Tryos could be close with bigger keys and speakers.
The PA1x could be close if it had the ability to search for sequences during arranger playback and vice versa.
The XD9 coukld be close if the harmonizer was not tied into the polyphonic usage.
The KN6500 could be close if it had a useable mic input and harmonizer.
So many tries .......
so many "almosts" .......
None have hit it out of the park for me just yet.

Expain the searching for sequences during playback on the Pa1X, some may not understand this feature.

#199663 - 12/30/04 11:05 AM Re: ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
to the genesys Offline

Its not here as yet.
Hopefully in 2005 one of the keyboard companies will make one.

#199664 - 12/30/04 11:24 AM Re: ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
Expain the searching for sequences during playback on the Pa1X, some may not understand this feature.

Some arranger kb's allow you to be playing a sequence or style, and 'search' for another sequence or style at the same time ... On my technics kn6000 sequences, midi files, registrations (Style/rhythm, tempo, voices, etc.) are saved on the kb hard drive by title or some other descriptive name ... I can be playing one song while doing an alpha search for the sequence or style of the next song I want to play ... Apparently, not all arranger kb's do this ...
t.

#199665 - 12/30/04 12:11 PM Re: ALL TIME FAVORITE ARRANGER
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
My .02 cents worth ( todays econ. about.0002 cents)

I have a 9000 and a 9000pro, hav'nt found anything better (For me) "so far" I would buy or trade for, the pro has the right amount of keys, but perfer the softer touch of the psr, the psr has the monitors I love, but not enough keys.

Tried the tyros, but not enough keys, flimzy case (in my opinion) and no speakers. so no incenative to buy or swap out. Other brands with features that are tempting, but like the Yamaha sounds so here I sit with keyboards that a few years back players would kill for, still lusting after that perfect one yet to come, I don't think I'll live to see it, if it was produced, I think they may as well shut down the factory and just make spare parts, cause they would be hard pressed to come up with better things for the future.

My DREAM BOARD
9000 pro with keys a bit wider,and unweighted. 120 Watt internal amp with onboard speaker system that also had wireless satts and a wireless subbass. a vocal harmonizer thats a killer, and not for imitating alfred the chipmonk. Real new tech that can really do guitars (at least as good as they now do violins etc). Detachable music rack thats at least 24" wide and folds small for carrying and has built in lighting thats been tested to see if it really works okay before selling it to the public. Around 50 lbs for max weight (Iknow heavy heavy heavy,) but I have no problens with this, and It dos'nt get knocked over by dancers, and I don't have to chase it around on the stand.) A stand similar to the tyros stand, thats sturdy with no wobble, and on a three point system that will fit on uneven floors etc. this stand should have enough space underneath to accomodate mfc-10, vol ped, and 3 pedals, also a optional metal pan for clipping or bolting on pedals, controls, bass peds, mfc-10 etc. should be flat to the floor in front, and slightly elevated at the back away from the user. Instead of using heavy metal rods for braces use 2 U shaped supports so all wiring can be concealed and hardwired in place so when the rig is moved all the cables etc stay in place except the power cord. Add to this package about 5 gigs of flash for style storage. give a free exam to me by a shrink to see if I'm sane enough to be about in this world and I would be in Heaven............Pose

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online