SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#199470 - 04/17/06 12:28 PM Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's getting close! We have everything set up for Sunday, April 30. I have put up a map on my web page and more information is also there. http://www.donmasonmusic.com/legionmap.html
PLEASE let me know if you plan to come. There is plenty of room for everyone.
Crawfish Boil starts at 3:00 P.M. and we have the use of the Legion as late as we want to stay. It's a private club, so closing times will not affect us.
I know Boo, Tom C., Riceroni and friends, Joe Richards (who will videotape everything), and several others have committed for certain, in addition to my fellow hosts, HankB and Bill SemiliveMusic. There are others who are trying to make it, including Bill C., who was kind enough to send me the MapQuest map which I posted.
Also, I have invited a few really talented local musicians, including my friend and Nursing Home partner, Dean Mathis. Dean was one of the Newbeats, who had several top hits in the 60s, including "Bread and Butter".
I can't promise James Burton will be there, but he knows about it, and only lives a mile away, so I'm hoping.

Looks as if I misspelled "Shreveport" in the topic header!
Thanks,
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 04-17-2006).]

#199471 - 04/17/06 12:46 PM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
Dnj Offline

Sounds like a great time to be had Don, wish I was there also....hope we can buy a copy of the video/DVd etc .....?

#199472 - 04/17/06 02:07 PM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks Don... I think I can find it now! See you there.

Still no news on Hank's wife? Hope she's okay.

All my best,

Rice

#199473 - 04/17/06 02:37 PM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Thanks Don... I think I can find it now! See you there.
Still no news on Hank's wife? Hope she's okay.
All my best,
Rice

Message from DonM:
I just talked to Hank. Linda had the surgery this afternoon and is doing fine, although she is still in ICU of course.
Hank wanted me to thank everyone for their good wishes and/or prayers. I know Linda will feel much better when they get through this.
DonM

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013066.html

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 04-17-2006).]

#199474 - 04/17/06 04:30 PM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don,
I'm gonna wait on the Crawfish eating until about 3:30 or 4:00. When we quit eating, I don't want my pile to be twice as big as everyone else's pile of shells. Penny doesn't want me to embrass her!

Is our friend who was running the Best Western on my last trip going to be there? I can't remember the nice lady's name. Maybe you should call her? She probably would bring a bunch of folks too, if we need to boost the crowd.

I've been practicing. All I'm doing is country. The closest thing to jazz that I'm gonna do is Yakety Sax and Honky Tonk. You ain't gonna show me up this time. I even bought a cowboy hat to gig with, and I'm dying my hair black so as to look like George Strait. Or maybe I'll go for the Garth look. I might even hold a guitar while singing.

Watch out! Here I come! If I can find 4" heel cowboy boots, I'll be 6' tall. If I can find some 9" heel cowboy boots, I'll be as tall as you.

#199475 - 04/17/06 05:45 PM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

When are you going to arrive? I'm going to arrive late on Friday afternoon. I'm planning on playing "Green Dolphin Street , Wave, Meditation, Tuxedo Junction, I Can't Get Started, Don't Get Around Much, Satin Doll" and others with YOU. Someone has to bring a little class to this event. I'm going to leave the country to the EXPERTS.

Don I hope Hank's wife will have recovered enough that he can be there some of the time. What are we doing on Saturday golfing? Do you have a gig on Saturday evening?

Tom

Tom

#199476 - 04/17/06 06:03 PM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
DonM Offline

Tom,
We can play golf Saturday. So far, I've avoided working Saturday night, but might have to.
I'll be at Ernest's Friday night. http://my.calendars.net/donmasondates/d01/04/2006
Anybody else wanna play golf? Let me know.
DonM

#199477 - 04/18/06 07:37 AM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Country? I think all DonM has ever heard me do is country. I might surprise him. I can't play worth a lick but thanks to my Yamaha mama, I can fake it pretty good.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if you let me play, I will play a song that is not country.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#199478 - 04/18/06 08:11 PM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Tom I'm aiming for Saturday afternoon. You forgot Desafinado, Ipanema, All the things you are. We're gonna bore Don to death.

I hope one of the VFW guys are from Michigan or New Orleans. I don't want to play just for me and you.
Man life is hard on us Jazz Standard guys.

#199479 - 04/27/06 06:44 AM Re: Shreverport Arranger Jam Update
DonM Offline

AJ just called me and he is trying to arrange a flight so he can be at the Jam Sunday.
He will bring an SD1, SD5 and Midjay to demo.
It looks as if Rice won't be able to make the trip from Texarkana because his mother is quite ill.
Tom C. is arriving Friday. I think Boo will get in Saturday.
Joe Richards will be here Friday.
Of course the local guys are already here.
I think several of the Yahoo Ketron group are planning to drive over from the Dallas area.
We will be having hamburgers and hot dogs at the legion. They are supplying the cookout free of charges for participants. It will be open to the public but they will have to pay.
If want to eat Crawfish we will plan to go to a local place. The South Louisiana crawfish farms took a hard hit from the hurricanes and the price prohibited us from doing it ourselves. It would have cost several hundred dollars to assure having enough for everyone, so I decided against it.
HankB's wife is doing much better now so Hank is looking forward to being there.
If anyone needs help finding a motel room let me know.
DonM

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online