SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#19939 - 02/01/00 10:36 PM TR Rack Assistance Please
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have just purchased a TR Rack. I am using it in conjunction with CuBase. I would like to know if it is possible to save your MIDI setups in the TR Rack. Eg - you have certain channels assigned to play certain programs. Can you save these set ups so you don't have to enter them in every time you you turn on the rack?
Thanks.

#19940 - 02/04/00 08:53 AM Re: TR Rack Assistance Please
mix Offline

Loc: Portugal
You can save them in Cubase. In Global mode find the sys excl. dump page then choose dump multi. Make sure Cubase is set to record sys. excl. (options menu,midi filter).
Use a miditrack to record your dump. Everytime you open that song solo that track and voila.

#19941 - 02/08/00 04:46 AM Re: TR Rack Assistance Please
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
The Tr Rack has only 1 16 way multi set up unfortunately. Either use Sys ex as discussed above or if you really want to save settings inside the TR Rack, you can used combinations but these will only give you up to 8 programs at once- probably enough because the Tr Rack is only 32 note polyphonic.

#19942 - 02/08/00 05:55 PM Re: TR Rack Assistance Please
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mix:
You can save them in Cubase. In Global mode find the sys excl. dump page then choose dump multi. Make sure Cubase is set to record sys. excl. (options menu,midi filter).
Use a miditrack to record your dump. Everytime you open that song solo that track and voila.

I have tried your suggestion as above, but I am having trouble getting it to work. Do you think you could be a little more specific about MIDI ins/outs and the whole proceedure in general?
Thanks

#19943 - 02/09/00 08:38 PM Re: TR Rack Assistance Please
mix Offline

Loc: Portugal
Ok, lets start with the TR Rack. In Global mode page 3 make sure it is set to midi channel 1. Page 8, midi filter-exclusive: ena. Page 9 memory protect-multi: off. Page 12, data dump- change prog to multi with +&-. If you are using Korgs PCIF change midi to PCIF if not just press ok to dump.
In Cubase go to options menu, midi filter and make sure Record Sysex is not checked. You can leave Thru Sysex checked, it prevents it from being passed on to other gear. Select a midi track. Make sure it is set to midi channel 1. Select the output you are using to dump ( Korg PCI? ). Solo the track so that the TR does not receive any midi messages from other tracks. Hit record and start dumping.
When you open the song, solo the sysex track and all the programs, fx, pans you saved will be restored. You can do this with programs and combinations as well.
One more thing. On page 16, global mode, select 38.4kbps for IBM PC compatible or 31.25kbps for Mac.
Have I left anything out? Let me know how you get on. If this does not work then you have to tell me a little bit about your midi connections.
Good luck!
mix

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online