SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#199237 - 03/14/01 08:27 AM Frankfurt Musikmesse feedback...!!!
Mister M Offline

Loc: Italy
Dear all! I was in Frankfurt Musikmesse, I visited lots of "musical stands" (Roland, Yamaha, Technics, Korg, Casio...). I'd like to share with you comments and feedback. As for me I was so impressed by the new Roland VA76 (the demo was incredible!): I heard about new features, TXT files import (finally!), Vocal parts on Lower (useful!) 6 buttons for keyboard mode selection (as g-1000), 2 pads... congratulations to Roland!
I also had a look to Technics KN6500 demo: the best (and most beatiful) thing I heard was...the singer!!
I loved also PRS9000 pro but frankly speaking VA76 sounds better.
What is your opinion?
See you, good music!!

#199238 - 03/14/01 01:08 PM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse feedback...!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

Too bad there is no real-time vocal harmony on the VA-76. Also, everyone but Roland is allowing sound ROM expansion on their keyboards. Roland has the JV and SRX cards, but no slots in the arrangers. Otherwise, it sounds like a great keyboard, overcoming the biggest objection to the VA-7--the lack of navigation options.

#199239 - 03/16/01 12:09 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse feedback...!!!
Mister M Offline

Loc: Italy
You don't need a Vocal Harmonist, Variphrase is better!! (and sounds real!! - not as a robot!!) Try! I'm getting lots of satisfaction from Variphrase...

#199240 - 03/16/01 05:01 AM Re: Frankfurt Musikmesse feedback...!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

I agree that Variphrase is a nice feature, but it does not harmonize live vocals in real time, which is what vocal harmonizers are for. I think the applications for Variphrase and Vocal Harmony are different. Variphrase is for playing and vocal harmony is for singing.

Some people will add that the internal vocal harmony units are not as good as the dedicated vocal harmony units. However, this is also true of Variphrase.

I think there are a lot of people that like to sing while they play, and that vocal harmony is a great effect with which to process singing. I think many people would like to have that function integrated into their keyboard--both so they do not have to carry a separate unit and so that vocal harmony style can be better matched to accompaniment style. There is no reason that vocal harmony and Variphrase cannot coexist in a keyboard.

Clif

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online