Like many new PSR 2000 owners, I have been tackling a different part of the manual each week. Last week I tried figuring out how to record and save a song. Not too difficult, although the manual is not as explicit as it could be. When I recorded my first song, I was somewhat surprised to find that I enjoyed just sitting back and listening to the song. So, let's record some more and get a "Christmas" package ready. Now, it can be difficult to make it through a complete rendition and not make ANY mistakes. Well, you can record again. But, if almost everything is fine, except for one little part, why not "edit" that part to fix it up?

So, I decided to tackle the section on how to edit song data. It took some doing, particularly to figure out how to find and modify the chords. But, I finally figured it out. And, now that I know how to edit song data on the 2000, I'm convinced you'd have to be crazy to use that as your normal tool for editing song data. The experience clearly convinced me that I will need to acquire and move to a PC-based application to edit the songs. Several years ago, when I acquired my current computer, I had a Yamaha sound card installed. As it turns out that product included something called XGWorks Lite. At the time I knew nothing about keyboards and wasn't particularly interested in MIDI, but I remembered it now and checked it out. I didn't have much time, but my first quick peeks, and experimentation, confirmed my belief that there IS a better way than the internal song editor. Oh, well, another area to study! Maybe I'll even start thinking about actually getting that cable to connect my keyboard to my PC....