SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#199179 - 12/16/03 04:51 PM Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I just found out today about a new keyboard from Yamaha called the PSR3000. I don't have all the information in front of me but here is what I know:
List price $1795.00
Polyphony 128
61 keys
built in speakers
100MB of wave rom
240 styles
16 track sequencer
large color screen (like Tyros)
Video out jacks
2MB internal flash memory
USB Hosting (enables the use of USB flash key storage devices)
Broadband conectivity (enables the user to access the internet without the use of a computer to download from certain websites songs, etc.)
I don't know if there is a vocalharmonizer but my guess would be it does. Availability for this product is expected sometime July or later.
This should be a very exciting new product. More information will become available very soon, product discriptions and info have been mailed to dealers but not yet received.
Stay tuned!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#199180 - 12/16/03 05:09 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi george,this seems to be the intermedia board between the 2100 and the tyros,so no plans yet for the board above the tyros,mike

#199181 - 12/16/03 05:15 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
Beakybird Offline

Hooray!!!

#199182 - 12/16/03 05:28 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi George,
that sounds interesting. The 64 note polyphony on the psr2's always put me off, and unfortunately the price of the Tyros here in Aust. ( a bit too pricey)

best wishes
Rikki.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by George Kaye:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#199183 - 12/16/03 06:08 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
ooooooooh and oooooooh again and just because that felt so good ooooooohhhh!

This might be the answer for me! I want a Tyros but in order to get one would have to part with my 9000pro. I am really loathe to do this as I love it like the wife I'll never have

Maybe I can scrape enough together to buy a 3000 and keep me pro. Just please please please Yamaha don't make it gold coloured. I know I'm superficial and it is what it sounds like that counts but make it black (or silver at a push
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#199184 - 12/16/03 06:10 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
here's my stupid question of the day: why would Yamaha continue to bring out feature-rich 61 key boards, probably w/ the same less-than-ideal action as the 2100, when, at least among synthzone denizons, there's a degree of interest in a 76-key expandable board to replace the 9kpro? is there really nothing going on at the top end of the market?

#199185 - 12/16/03 06:28 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Damn I wish they would stop doing this kinda' stuff. That woman's gonna' kill me!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#199186 - 12/16/03 06:34 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
That woman's gonna' kill me!

ROFL
You'll get round her Gary! Just cook her some of those nice meals of yours from now until it gets here and you will have earned enough brownie points to get away with it

Anyway I heard that the words 'I love you darling' were invented so that we musicians could buy more gear more often
ttfn
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#199187 - 12/16/03 09:09 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Isn't this interesting... Have a look see here:

quote:

Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Starkeeper,
I know, if you wait another three months, Yamaha will probably be coming out with the 2200--pretty cagey!
Cheers,

Gary

Here is my reply to Gary's post way back on September 22 of this year:

Idatrod
Member - posted 09-22-2003 08:08PM

"PSR 2200 just doesn't sound right to me. I think they may change the name to PSR 3000 when the next model comes out, then when the replacement to that one comes out then maybe we'll see a PSR 3100. I dunno; PSR 2200 just doesn't sound very catchy to me."

Best regards,
Mike

I can hang a star on that one, huh!

PSR 3000. Very interesting. I guess Yamaha took my advice and decided to name the next PSR after my prediction. I didn't think the next PSR would be a 2200, etc. because it didn't sound catchy to me. I guess it didn't sound catchy to Yamaha either. I nailed it right on the head!!! Whoo hooo!

Thanks for the information George! I have several questions I want to ask you but I will wait until you get the product descriptions and info lists first.

Here's my observation on the "PSR 3000". (Has a nice ring to it doesn't it)

I noticed it has more Wav ROM than the Flagship Tyros has, although only 4 megabytes more. There is no mention of a Hard Drive (internal) but if it has a USB TO DEVICE connection then an external Hard Drive or Flash Drive - (Thumb Drive) will be able to be hooked up to the PSR 3000. It has a Large LCD but no word as to whether it has a "new" technology to make it possible to use it in direct sunlight and actually be able to see whats on the screen clearly. If it does; you can be sure that in itself will be a big selling point.

And no mention of Mega Voices but that could be forthcoming when George gets more info about it.

No word on what the wattage is for the speakers but George should have that info soon for us too. Also, Broadband connectivity. How interesting. Without the use of a computer. You will still need to have a Broadband Modem I take it. And if the internal Memory is only 2 megs the Broadband connection would seem to me to be hardly worth it. That is of course unless the data could be transferred straight to an External Hard Drive or Flash Drive by way of the USB To Device Hosting connection. My assumption would be it would be able to do just that. Else why would they bother with a Broadband connectivity feature? 128 note Polyphony on a "less expensive" Arranger is a real boon IMO. Great news indeed!

If you noticed George says the "list" price is $1,795. The PSR 2000 and 2100 were listed at $1,495 MSRP when they came out but sold for around $1,195-$1,295. So I would guess the PSR 3000 will actually start selling for $1,495-$1,595 when it hits the stores in July. Which is well over a $1,000 less than the Flagship Tyros sells for. Conclusion? What a fantastic bang for the buck Keyboard the PSR 3000 looks to be.

The only thing that will cause people to hesitate on getting it IMO will be the KEY ACTION - KEY FEEL. If it's the same as the PSR 2000/2100, many of the more seasoned Keyboard players and enthusiasts will shy away from getting it IMO. IF it is like the Tyros or Motif series Key feel then I think it will be a huge seller for Yamaha. And even more so if it has "wider" Keys than the standard 160mm over 1 Octave that is on most of Yamaha's Digital Keyboards. And dare I say if indeed it does have the wider Keys people will literally "flock" to get it.

Another important reason for it to be a huge success or not is the quality of sound and wattage capability and output of the internal speakers. Korg's Pa1X (61 Keys with internal speakers) is suppose to be a huge improvement over the PA60/80 series Keyboards. Will Yamaha deliver the goods in offering outstanding internal speakers for the PSR 3000? If not, people would tend to look for an Arranger that does have great sounding inbuilt speakers and may be more inclined to get the Korg Pa1X even though the Yamaha has 128 note Polyphony - if Korg's speakers are as good as they're claiming they will be on the KorgPA.com site.

Best regards,
Mike

#199188 - 12/16/03 09:50 PM Re: Preview of New Yamaha PSR3000
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey Mike

Sounds like great news. Also, you have some interesting observations about the importance of the model number. I agree, PSR3000 sounds classier than the other choices, but you know, I also think Yamaha wanted some higher numbers than say the Technics KN2400/2600. Not as crazy as it sounds really, huh?

As a matter of fact the more I think of it, Yamaha always had a 200 series, 300 series, 400, 500 , etc and now the 1000/2000 series. I predict that they will continue with a lower priced 2000 series and now have also a continually updated 3000 series. Who knows? We'll see. Kind of fun to speculate.

Like I was just telling Joe Waters, we always have to have our adult toys to look forward to, and they don't necessarily need to be X rated. haha.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 12-16-2003).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online