SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198039 - 07/27/06 10:32 AM Loud Keyboard Action...Solutions???
ocomain Offline

Just wondering if there is any feasible way to quiet the keyboard action of my Roland Fantom X6? The Fantom's keys are semi-weighted...the downward pressure is fine but when the keys come back up there is a loud "thunk". My Fantom S had the same type of action and it has always bothered me, especially when playing contemplative type
piano pieces at lower volume. I have an idea to lay a thin strip of felt along the top of the entire keybed (where it goes under the top panel). If anyone has any experience with
making modifications like this, please let me know what I can do!

Many thanks,

Michael

#198040 - 07/27/06 10:39 AM Re: Loud Keyboard Action...Solutions???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
If you take the route mentioned be very careful. Those keys are weighted and balanced to Roland's specs out of the box. Adding felt to the top could hinder the key return a bit, and possibly cause other sound, and hardware related problems.

I do however understand what you mean about the clank. Some keyboards are louder, where as others produce less noise. Again, just be careful with your modification.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online