SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197993 - 10/18/06 03:11 PM Decisions........decisions........again!!
Stein67 Offline

I'm not long on this site, and I am still looking for advice. Any forthcoming, is much appreciated though.

As some of you may have read before, I mentioned that I am involved with a new music retailer. Basically my dilemna is that we are now about to look at a new range of stock to include keyboards.

Ideally I would love to have all the main players, Tyros 2, PSR3000, PSR1500, PA1XPRO, KETRON, E80 etc.., but financially that will not happen at this stage.

Any advice on what are the main sellers, and most popular. I love the look/sound of the Tyros 2 and I presume it is probably the premier keyboard around at the minute (I am sure that is a bone of contention with owners of other models), but what, in the minds of the SynthZone members, is the best value for money in todays market and most likely to sell?

Many thanks for any hints or tips, as always.

#197994 - 10/18/06 05:22 PM Re: Decisions........decisions........again!!
honesty Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA US
Yamaha, korg, and Rolandin this order just for the US market.
John-Paul

#197995 - 10/18/06 06:47 PM Re: Decisions........decisions........again!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you are in the US, be VERY carefull about loading up on high-end arrangers. There just isn't that big a market.
Probably the biggest bang for the buck is the Yamaha PSR3000 and it's soon to be announced successor. I would stick with Yamaha, Roland or Korg. Not because they are necessarily better than GEM or Ketron, but because they are more widely known and your market will be bigger.
DonM

#197996 - 10/20/06 08:52 AM Re: Decisions........decisions........again!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just be careful about arrangers in general...... They are kind of like Macs - popular with their users, but still only about 10% of the market. You should be asking yourself which workstation line you can get, not which arranger.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online