SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197909 - 04/19/05 06:13 PM Played the PSR1500, 3000 and PA50 today
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Yes, it's getting to be that time for me. You know, that urge for some new goodies.

In a word, they are all pretty fine keyboards. I could easily play out tonight on anyone of them and have fun and know that the audience would enjoy it.

It was a little easier for me to play the PSR3000 this time, because I already knew that it does not sound like a Tyros. Some similarity, but exactly the same? NO!

I guess that's what really annoyed me when I first had a chance to try it out several month's ago. The big hype was that it sound's EXACTLY like the Tyros and it DOES NOT. There are many voices with the same name as the Tyros and they are just plain noticibly different. Fine instrument for what it is. BUT, with the intitial idea that it would be the same, I guess the difference in sound really bummed me out.

I find that the harmony button under that other button , forget what it was called, is no big deal either. That was easy enough to play on the fly.

The PSR1500 was very, very nice. First time I have seen it. In general, I think it sounds like the PSR2000, which was certainly fine with me

and my audience's. I enjoyed making a lot of people smile on the 2000. 'Course I enjoy it even more to make people smile more when I play my Tyros.

The PA50, is kind of nice. Some new fresh styles and sounds. Some sounds better than others. Some I would never use, of course, but rather nice.

So, I just may treat myself to one of these shortly. That is until the Tyros 2 comes out. I am almost certain to get that when it comes out. That is, if it stays at 27 pounds or less. Just my preference.

I definitely like the size of the 3 kb's much more than the Tyros, because it's a lot easier to move around in the Kace's Porter #7 as compared to the oxy Kace's Porter #9. Not to mention the #7 fit's nicely into my trunk along with everything else, whereas, I can just barely get the Tyros in the back seat of my car.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Scott Langholff

#197910 - 04/19/05 09:33 PM Re: Played the PSR1500, 3000 and PA50 today
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Scott,
I'm getting in 6 PSR3000's tomorrow which were used for a one day clinic at yamaha. The price will be a special one time deal. All keyboards are with full warranty. If you are interested, please contact me at my store tomorrow. 818-881-5566
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#197911 - 04/19/05 10:31 PM Re: Played the PSR1500, 3000 and PA50 today
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
thanx George. I think you'll hear from me.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online