SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197803 - 05/27/05 08:46 PM Who owns the Roland EXR 7/5/3 ?????????
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
If someone who owns the EXR-7/5/3 would please do a test for me. Although the EXR's have a 16 track sequencer it is my understanding that they lack the editing features such as panning, volume levels ect.

My question is..., Do the EXR's have a mixer function, and does this function allow you (while in performance mode or regular play mode) to adjust mixer parameters of the current selected voice such as volume level, panning, DSP levels ect?

If you have the ability to do this, make some basic changes in the settings, then go directly into the sequencer (without changing the voice). See if those settings still remain and if you can record those changes directly into the sequencer. If this works users will at least have a (reversed) way of editing song data. I know this worked on lower end Yamaha PSR's that had the basic 6 track sequencers. My Casio WK-3500 has editing features for the sequencer, but it also works in reverse as well. I can make the changes using the mixer to a sound (prior to turning on the sequencer) and those changes still are unchanged when I start recording.

Thanks,
Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-27-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#197804 - 05/27/05 09:03 PM Re: Who owns the Roland EXR 7/5/3 ?????????
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
http://www.rolandus.com/products/ck_details.asp?CatID=8&SubCatID=39&ProdID=E-200&PageMode=29

Squeak this model is similar and you can download the manual..

#197805 - 05/28/05 12:05 AM Re: Who owns the Roland EXR 7/5/3 ?????????
painkiller Offline

Loc: Sweden
Squeak:
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it works as you describe. I know it does so for the first track you record (the "All" or "Keyboard" mode), but I'm not sure if it does for the channels recorded using the "Single" mode.

------------------

Robert.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online