SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197644 - 12/23/05 10:26 AM Any chance Yamaha will improve their "preset" voice list?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I got to thinking today about something. Anyone else here feel that maybe it's time for Yamaha to update their "preset" voice list on the PSR's?????

Maybe it's me, but the preset voice lists on the PSR's are really dated. Sure they have their signature voices, but they still continue to carry over those (in my opinion) very dull preset voices to each model.

Hell Casio decided to make the change by introducing the MZ voice technology on the newer WK's and didn't just stop there. They took the MZ voice set and improved upon it.

I think this would be a good move for Yamaha. Their signature voices sound fine, but bring up the quality of the preset voices.

Maybe they'll listen. I think they do listen from time to time.. You guys remember all that stink I made about Yammie not including a modulation wheel on both models, and how Casio was even doing it?? I even sent them suggestion emails. Now both have it.

Maybe pushing them for better presets will work

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-23-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#197645 - 12/23/05 11:27 AM Re: Any chance Yamaha will improve their "preset" voice list?
Hugo H Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
I sure hope they do but I'm not holding my breath. My impression is that they simply don't listen to the US market. I'm not saying your letters didn't help, but given their overall attitude I'm simply going to hope that Casio takes some market share.

That'll make'm do something.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online