SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197620 - 07/04/02 10:01 PM From Keyboard to CD Burner
Dewey Offline

I have a PSR-1000. Although it has a floppy disk drive, it saves files in a format that only the keyboard understands. I want to burn CDs with my computer, but can't figure out how to get the stored files from the PSR-1000 to the computer in a format the computer can handle. Can someone tell me?

Thanks!

Dewey

#197621 - 07/04/02 11:49 PM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Dewey. You require to connect left & right line outs from your keyboard to your PC sound card line in. This will enable you with the appropriate software to record from keyboard to PC in wave (.wav) format to burn to CD.
You can play the keyboard live or by playing back the midi file you have already saved in the keyboard and this will be recorded to the PC.

Graham UK

#197622 - 07/05/02 10:10 AM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As Graham says, recording directly from the outputs to the sound card is the best way. That way you get the actual sounds of the keyboard.
If you record midi files, then you will hear the sounds of whatever sound source you use to play them back on.
However, I can record midi songs on the 2000 and they play back just fine on any General Midi player or program. I would think the 1000 would be the same.
DonM

#197623 - 07/05/02 04:41 PM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
Dewey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Dewey. You require to connect left & right line outs from your keyboard to your PC sound card line in. This will enable you with the appropriate software to record from keyboard to PC in wave (.wav) format to burn to CD.
You can play the keyboard live or by playing back the midi file you have already saved in the keyboard and this will be recorded to the PC.

Graham UK

Yup. I finally just did it that way. I had hoped to be able to find a way to convert the files on the floppy to a .wav, etc. so I could just take the floppy upstairs to my office and burn CDs. But I finally just took the keyboard down, carried it up the stairs, hooked it to the computer and did it that way. Worked out just fine, but it's a hassle to have to do that every time. So I'm still looking for a way to convert the files, if such a thing exists.

Dewey

#197624 - 07/05/02 07:08 PM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dewey...
Take a look at this. TOTAL RECORDER is a neat program for recording and converting files. http://www.highcriteria.com/
Once you get to the main page... click on TOTAL RECORDER STANDARD EDITION.
Thanks to DonM for putting me onto it.
Eddie

#197625 - 07/05/02 09:41 PM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
DonM Offline

Eddie and I both have a Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox. It's a Player/recorder that makes excellent stereo digital recordings in WAV format.
The songs can then be uploaded to the computer by USB.
Outpost.com had refurbished ones for really great price. They probably still have some.
DonM

#197626 - 07/06/02 02:40 AM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
technicsplayer Offline

bear in mind total recorder conversion will not record the sound of your 1000, it will record either the sounds of the midi set on your soundcard, or the sounds of whatever software synthesiser you have installed on your pc. So the recording could be better or worse than the sound of your 1000 depending on these variables. There may be some compatability problems with other programs if you use direct sound on the pc.

To capture the sound of your 1000 you need to use total recorder as an ordinary analogue wave recorder (like the other programs you may have), thus physically connecting it with a lead, or use some other portable recorder like the nomad, archos, or one of the new memory card recorders as a transfer device to pc for editing and then burning.

#197627 - 07/07/02 10:43 AM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
davepb3 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, FL USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:

Graham UK

HI Graham,
Do you know the specific names of software that will enable this?
I want to record the true sounds of the keyboard.
Thanks,
Dave P

#197628 - 07/07/02 11:44 AM Re: From Keyboard to CD Burner
DonM Offline

Total Recorder is excellent for recording and converting to MP3. You can try it for free, and the registered version is only around $10.00.
Get it at www.highcriteria.com
All the CD burners that I've seen come complete with software to burn the CDs.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 07-07-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online