SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197142 - 04/08/02 08:01 PM Converted Styles for XG works software now available
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hi,

For anyone who has the XG works software program, I have converted about 200+ Roland E and G series styles that will now work in XG works software. These are styles that were previously posted at the Yamaha PSR styles site. Before I "re"-converted them they worked in all of the PSR keyboards, but they were lacking the proper Casm and Sysex information needed for them to work inside of XG works. You can access them at the Yahoo groups XG Works Exchange group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xgworks-exchange . You will need to join the group if you are not already a member in order to access these files. It costs nothing.

To use them in XG works, go to where you have XG works stored on your hard drive, open up the folder named 'Style'. You should see several folders inside of the 'Style' folder. Simply unzip the Roland styles to a new folder, name the folder as you wish, and place it into 'Style' folder in XG works. The styles will now work in XG works' style block and chord creator ( at the bottom of the main screen or accessed thru the 'edit' menu on the main screen ). I no longer have a PSR arranger but with XG works, I can still write songs or pieces of songs with
the Yamaha styles. I find that it's easier for me to step record chords and styles in the software as opposed to step recording them on the PSR boards that I used to have.

I will be converting Solton styles next as time allows and Technics and Korg styles after that. All of the styles from Yamaha arrangers that had been posted at the Yamaha groups site worked fine without any additional conversion required.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 04-08-2002).]

#197143 - 04/08/02 09:09 PM Re: Converted Styles for XG works software now available
synthmeister Offline

AJ,

Will these work on the PA 80? Where can I get converted styles from other arrangers for the PA 80?

Synth

#197144 - 04/08/02 09:26 PM Re: Converted Styles for XG works software now available
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
No Synth. These only work on Yamaha arrangers and now on XG works software. Fabio has converted a ton of styles for the PA80 though. The conversions are pretty good too. I am in the process of doing some new styles myself and also tweaking a few of his for my tastes. You can go to his site at http://www.chez.com/fabiopa80korg/directfd.htm . There are many many styles to download there.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online