SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#196863 - 03/01/07 11:16 PM Re: JUMP button proposed
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
On My Wersi Abacus I can load up to 9 styles per registration preset as well as the original style, (Style is generic it could a video, wav, midi etc) and as its most unlikely that you will require the full 9 different styles for a song, there will always be some spare that you can add to if required. (If you do start to run out just copy the registration to an additional preset You have thousands of user presets to which you can assign registrations) and you’re good to go for another 9 styles. (Don’t forget to lock or unlock the tempo when saving)
In addition to the above , you can also assign the mappings to a preset, which gives you 5 more levels per preset, (All styles selectable with no more then 2 presses of the screen, and 9 styles are directly selectable from the screen on each level) giving 45 + 9 styles available with max 2 presses.
Another way to do things

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 03-01-2007).]

#196864 - 03/02/07 03:42 AM Re: JUMP button proposed
Beakybird Offline

I use registrations that call up styles during gigging too. They are always mostly associated with an intro or a certain style part. When they are associated with a style, they are almost always associated with a transposition.

So if I have moved the transposition manually during the song and I'm on a different style part, I am kind of lost by hitting the registration button again. In the case that you are discussing, a jump button would be far superior, because it would bring you back to the previous style with the correct part and the correct transpostion.

Beakybird

#196865 - 03/02/07 05:20 AM Re: JUMP button proposed
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I see your point on the registration button, but if you have both the current style and the previous style directly in front of you, (Up to 9 in the case of the Abacus) then you can change back to the previous style (Just one button push on the screen) without changing anything else.
Also with 2 button presses onscreen you have direct access to 45 more styles which can be selected without changing anything else. (Just 2 presses to get back to your previous style)
I do however see how a back (Jump) button would be very convenient, and I will suggest it to Wersi, as if enough owners also suggest it I am sure Wersi will incorporate it in one of the regular updates. (A lot of new features or modifications (Many are just small ones) etc in the updates have usually been suggested by Wersi owners)
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online