SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#196853 - 03/01/07 04:30 AM JUMP button proposed
Beakybird Offline

While I'm playing my Yamaha PSR3000, I am often looking for the right style for a song. Sometimes I will go from a preset to a file on the flash drive to a file on my Smart Media card, to a style on my USB pen drive.

It would be great to have one button called "JUMP" that could be used to jump back to the previous style. Essentially, you made a mistake, and you want to go back. This could also be useful if you accidentally pressed the wrong registration button and you're into a different style with a different tempo. You could immediately press jump, and be back where you were.

Beakybird

#196854 - 03/01/07 07:05 AM Re: JUMP button proposed
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm not near the my keyboard, but doesn't the exit button jump you back 1 screen on Yammies?

#196855 - 03/01/07 08:11 AM Re: JUMP button proposed
Beakybird Offline

No. I'm talking about this:

Let's say that you were playing a preset style and then you went into a style on your USB. Pressing the EXIT button won't bring you back to the preset style. You would have to scroll around to find the style that you were playing. What if you couldn't remember which one it was?

A JUMP button would bring you right back to the previous style and tempo. You might even be able to freeze which parameters you would jump back to.

Beakybird

#196856 - 03/01/07 08:20 AM Re: JUMP button proposed
MarcK Offline

I could see the value in a big red "REVERT TO PREVIOUS STYLE & TEMPO" button. Some of my most embarassing moments performing live have been when I accidentally switched styles.

#196857 - 03/01/07 12:22 PM Re: JUMP button proposed
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great idea!
DonM

#196858 - 03/01/07 01:03 PM Re: JUMP button proposed
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Yeah...kinda like an "undo" button. Good idea.

Now let's hope, if they do it, they don't put it on the back or underside of the keyboard...or bury it three pages deep in the "Function" button.

They made switching "TALK" on and off more difficult on the PSR 3K when they hid it in the "voice/harmony" button. Is it that way on the Tyros models to?

Eddie

Eddie

#196859 - 03/01/07 01:11 PM Re: JUMP button proposed
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
This seems kinda' like the computer message "Are you sure you really wish to delete this file?" It would be a neat feature, and I know that everyone that has ever hit the wrong button, me included, wish that a Go Back button was right there where we could hit it and instantly return to what we were doing.

Good post,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#196860 - 03/01/07 02:14 PM Re: JUMP button proposed
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's a cool idea, Beaky....

However, if you make a registration (or UPG) for each style, rather than calling it up from the style section, if you then go from that style off to a different one using the same registration, you can always 'undo' simply by hitting the registration button again, thus reloading the style.

This will only work for one style change at a time, you can't go A>B>C>B styles, just A>B>C>A, but it's still better than nothing!

#196861 - 03/01/07 05:34 PM Re: JUMP button proposed
Beakybird Offline

Registration memory doesn't do the trick.

If you are trying to find an appropriate style for a new song that you are doing, then you aren't going to have anything about the style stored in registration memory.

Beakybird

#196862 - 03/01/07 06:41 PM Re: JUMP button proposed
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm assuming that for the FIRST song you play (of the medley) you already have a registration, either for the style, or for the song..... Then, during the song (or at the end!) you select another style to go and segue to the next.

Now, if what you select doesn't work, you re-hit the registration button, and the first style (attached to the registration) reloads. You then search for another style. As I said, this only works on two styles at a time, but it DOES work....

I guess, for gigging, I tend to make sure all the styles I tend to use all sit in the same area of memory, so I don't have to push a lot of buttons to get around. My method is to use the Internal memory ONLY for stuff I use on the gig. All other styles and songs I am either trying out or tweaking but not finished, they stay on a card, until they are gig-ready, THEN get transfered to internal...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online