SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#196776 - 11/01/06 02:04 PM Re: Best 76 Key
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Diki,
Nobody believes in a middle ground. None of them is all good or all bad. Buy what rings your bell, huh!
This is getting boring isn't it?
DonM

#196777 - 11/01/06 03:33 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
DonM...... that's my whole point, but you certainly wouldn't get that impression from the rabid defense of ANY criticism of the T2 here at SZ.

Build quality, closed format for the sampler, 61 keys, very slow sampler load times (comparatively), the T2 has it's flaws. If you want to look at my wishlist for the G70, go here; http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=60&board=13.0

They ALL have flaws and areas that deserve improvement. I'm just a little tired of T2 lovers that can't admit there is room for improvement. Hell, I'd buy one in a flash if it had 76 non toy-like keys, and they fix the sampler (I need Akai import like Korg and Roland and Kurzweil and just about every software sampler does).

Maybe there is a secret site on the web they don't tell anyone else about, where they can vent THEIR frustrations, and no others get to hear it, thus propagating the myth the T2 is PERFECT!

Anyway, please ignore this post, because my opinions ARE garbage.....!

#196778 - 11/01/06 06:16 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
DonM...... that's my whole point, but you certainly wouldn't get that impression from the rabid defense of ANY criticism of the T2 here at SZ.

Build quality, closed format for the sampler, 61 keys, very slow sampler load times (comparatively), the T2 has it's flaws. If you want to look at my wishlist for the G70, go here; http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=60&board=13.0

They ALL have flaws and areas that deserve improvement. I'm just a little tired of T2 lovers that can't admit there is room for improvement. Hell, I'd buy one in a flash if it had 76 non toy-like keys, and they fix the sampler (I need Akai import like Korg and Roland and Kurzweil and just about every software sampler does).

Maybe there is a secret site on the web they don't tell anyone else about, where they can vent THEIR frustrations, and no others get to hear it, thus propagating the myth the T2 is PERFECT!

Anyway, please ignore this post, because my opinions ARE garbage.....!

"Hell, I'd buy one in a flash if it had 76 non toy-like keys"

If thats not garbage then what is?

#196779 - 11/01/06 06:27 PM Re: Best 76 Key
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Fran,

There's one other plastic product I forgot about--kevlar. They make lightweight boat hulls and bullet-proof vests from this stuff. Much stronger and lighter than steel, easy to work with, and it can be molded into any shape or form. Neat!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#196780 - 11/01/06 08:52 PM Re: Best 76 Key
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think John Kerry has plastic hair.
DonM

#196781 - 11/01/06 11:23 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nick, I'm not really sure what your beef is......

Have you actually PLAYED a G70 (or G1000 or A70 or G800)? Do you honestly mean to tell me that the T2's keybed doesn't feel lightweight and flimsy in comparison?

Now, you may prefer a much lighter action, no problem with that, but even most G70 detractors will grudgingly admit that the keyboard FEELS nice.....

Perhaps, to the very best players out there (and the worst!), the feel of a keyboard doesn't make any difference, but me, I like all the help I can get! Having to play one for 8 hours a day in season, the feel and response of a key-bed makes the difference between playing your keyboard, and just hitting the keys.

BTW, Nick, it's difficult to tell from your last two abbreviated posts at me whether you are just being combative, or whether you actually have a point to make other than 'T2 good..... others bad.....' Perhaps you could string a couple of sentences together and explain why you prefer flimsy keyboards?

#196782 - 11/01/06 11:52 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Nick, I'm not really sure what your beef is......

Have you actually PLAYED a G70 (or G1000 or A70 or G800)? Do you honestly mean to tell me that the T2's keybed doesn't feel lightweight and flimsy in comparison?

Now, you may prefer a much lighter action, no problem with that, but even most G70 detractors will grudgingly admit that the keyboard FEELS nice.....

Perhaps, to the very best players out there (and the worst!), the feel of a keyboard doesn't make any difference, but me, I like all the help I can get! Having to play one for 8 hours a day in season, the feel and response of a key-bed makes the difference between playing your keyboard, and just hitting the keys.

BTW, Nick, it's difficult to tell from your last two abbreviated posts at me whether you are just being combative, or whether you actually have a point to make other than 'T2 good..... others bad.....' Perhaps you could string a couple of sentences together and explain why you prefer flimsy keyboards?

Im not here to fight with anyone, I dont pick on keyboards or other brands.

Im sure on alot of occasions most people in their heads really want to say something but they hold back becuase they have whats called respect and thought for other people.

I too am one of those people, but it takes someone to speak up sometimes in order to get a point accross and something to generate.

Ill tell you what I honestly thought of the roland demo of the new OS v3? The acoustic guitars from the marvellous "guitar mode" sound like the 10 year old XG 12 string guitar patch, most Yamaha owners will know exactly what i am talking about but will probably have a quiet chuckle to themselve knowing im right...

But I originally did not go and post that purely for the fact that there are a lot of proud owners who would be highly offended, and I have respect for that and other peoples'choices and preferences.

You on the other hand constantly voice your opinion to bash the yamaha 'build quality'.

Voice your opinion as much as you want it is a free world and this is the internet. But by posting something on a forum you are vurtually saying it directly to alot of people who read this forum every day, and most in their minds are thinking "JUST SHUT UP MATE". But they dont post it becuase they dont want to cause any trouble.

If you like your harder keys and super heavy / strong 'build quality' then fine, tell us how much you love it, GOOD FOR YOU. but continue to use yamaha as an example as Shit build quality, you will have to put up with people like me who will always tell you your full of shit and that opinion is worth RUBBISH. SHOW US SOME PROOF!

If the admin wants me banned from this site for this post, fine do it, I have no regrets and I will continue to post my opinion when someone continuously makes such bald statements over and over like a broken record!

Cheers,
Nick

#196783 - 11/02/06 12:17 AM Re: Best 76 Key
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
now, that is getting way too "hot"!
i can not help posting here, even if i eventualy don't care much about defending or praising a certain brand or product.
i just feel bad seeing good people getting too inflame over such things!
really, friends, each one of us have his/her own oppinions, which may or may not be similar, but is it worthy getting so passioned about it?
i know this sound obsolete, but please, can you guys be more calm about everything?

well, in the end, what matters is what did i/you/they learned from whatever is posted here.....

#196784 - 11/02/06 12:33 AM Re: Best 76 Key
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
now, that is getting way too "hot"!
i can not help posting here, even if i eventualy don't care much about defending or praising a certain brand or product.
i just feel bad seeing good people getting too inflame over such things!
really, friends, each one of us have his/her own oppinions, which may or may not be similar, but is it worthy getting so passioned about it?
i know this sound obsolete, but please, can you guys be more calm about everything?

well, in the end, what matters is what did i/you/they learned from whatever is posted here.....

your right, Im sorry for cuasing such a strife, but I feel strong about what I said I feel as if I spoke to more than just myself... no regrets. back to making music

#196785 - 11/02/06 01:25 AM Re: Best 76 Key
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ironic, isn't it? We seem to get along well discussing anything EXCEPT arranger keyboards.

chas

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online