SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#196796 - 11/03/06 05:02 PM Re: Best 76 Key
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Back on topic, here..... I am still interested in hearing if you have considered anything other than another arranger as your 76 note keyboard. The E80's operating system allows you to address external keyboards from the Style and SMF player (and, to a limited extent, the Keyboard Parts), so you could still use a Triton or MotifES and have them communicate in either direction.

Choosing a workstation as your 76-er dramatically increases your choices (and dramatically lowers the potential cost, too!). Especially if you cover more contemporary and pop tunes, there's a lot about the Triton/Motif line that can make you sound hipper than most arrangers, especially if you can drive their arpeggiators from your arranger's MIDI clock.....

To be honest, in your situation, I think I would have kept the T2 and used a G70 (especially now that OS3 has seriously improved the sound and styles) as your 76-er. But water under the bridge........

#196797 - 11/04/06 01:09 AM Re: Best 76 Key
jonesyboy Offline

Thanks for youtr feedback - I am still in a "don't know" situation - I am currently listening to the Wersi Ikarus - and it sounds really good - I just don't know much about them and there is only one dealer here in the UK so does that tell me something?? I still have tyhe T2 and the E80 - I am using the E80 for the band stuff and the T2 is gathering dust at home - I know the T2 is a great instrument but for what I play the E80 is better. I have thought about the G70 but I wonder if the G70 is going to be just like the E80 with extra keys? What improvements/enhancements has the V3 made to the G70?
Thanks again for the post,
Regards
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Back on topic, here..... I am still interested in hearing if you have considered anything other than another arranger as your 76 note keyboard. The E80's operating system allows you to address external keyboards from the Style and SMF player (and, to a limited extent, the Keyboard Parts), so you could still use a Triton or MotifES and have them communicate in either direction.

Choosing a workstation as your 76-er dramatically increases your choices (and dramatically lowers the potential cost, too!). Especially if you cover more contemporary and pop tunes, there's a lot about the Triton/Motif line that can make you sound hipper than most arrangers, especially if you can drive their arpeggiators from your arranger's MIDI clock.....

To be honest, in your situation, I think I would have kept the T2 and used a G70 (especially now that OS3 has seriously improved the sound and styles) as your 76-er. But water under the bridge........

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 11-04-2006).]

#196798 - 11/04/06 02:23 AM Re: Best 76 Key
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Mark
The G70 V3 adds the additional features that are available on the E80, and also adds refinement to the styles and sounds.
Wersi is a small company that has been in existence since 1969, and have always produced premium rate instruments, (They prefer to trade like Mercedes’ with limited dealerships rather then Ford which has a dealer on virtually every street corner) there instruments have also normally been innovative, and have introduced new features much sooner then mainstream manufactures, (Although they did loose the plot a bit in the nineties) they also believe that their customers should not be forced to change there boards every 2 years just to get the latest features.
If you purchased one of there new instruments in 2000, it can be upgraded to the latest spec for a reasonable cost. (Considerably cheaper then the amount of money lost by trading in old boards for new)
Most of the current demo discs do not feature the latest software OAS 7, which is a considerable upgrade in both features and sound compared to previous versions.
You also don’t have to buy additional sounds from Wersi, as you can use Akai samples and VST instruments.
If you want any further information just ask. (I currently run OAS 6 and when I get the time I will be upgrading to OAS 7)

Bill

BTW Whereabouts in the UK are you.

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 11-04-2006).]

#196799 - 11/04/06 02:58 AM Re: Best 76 Key
jonesyboy Offline

Hi Bill,
I am in the West Midlands - thanks for your reply - if you had no objectionh I would really like an opportunity to have a quick chat with you - my email is markjones01@sky.com if you have no objection perhaps you could let me have your contact no. and I can call you,
Thanks
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hello Mark
The G70 V3 adds the additional features that are available on the E80, and also adds refinement to the styles and sounds.
Wersi is a small company that has been in existence since 1969, and have always produced premium rate instruments, (They prefer to trade like Mercedes’ with limited dealerships rather then Ford which has a dealer on virtually every street corner) there instruments have also normally been innovative, and have introduced new features much sooner then mainstream manufactures, (Although they did loose the plot a bit in the nineties) they also believe that their customers should not be forced to change there boards every 2 years just to get the latest features.
If you purchased one of there new instruments in 2000, it can be upgraded to the latest spec for a reasonable cost. (Considerably cheaper then the amount of money lost by trading in old boards for new)
Most of the current demo discs do not feature the latest software OAS 7, which is a considerable upgrade in both features and sound compared to previous versions.
You also don’t have to buy additional sounds from Wersi, as you can use Akai samples and VST instruments.
If you want any further information just ask. (I currently run OAS 6 and when I get the time I will be upgrading to OAS 7)

Bill

BTW Whereabouts in the UK are you.

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 11-04-2006).]

#196800 - 11/04/06 09:12 AM Re: Best 76 Key
Diki Offline

Just a slight clarification....... OS3 for the G70 does NOT add ALL the functions from the E80. You cannot (as of now, but maybe Roland got another update up their sleeves....) view lyrics in style mode, just SMF play, you cannot link .bmp pictures with anything, and hardware differences are significant. The E80 has 2 SRX slots to the G70's one, the E80 has three MFX insert effects to the G70's one (or two with a hack), the E80 has independent Mastering Tools (EQ and 3band Comp) for Style AND Keyboard parts, G70 has only one global..... And the E80 has a smaller, but higher quality sound selection.

Just thought I'd clear that up........

#196801 - 11/04/06 09:15 AM Re: Best 76 Key
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The lyrics/style link alone makes a big difference to me.
DonM

#196802 - 11/05/06 12:55 AM Re: Best 76 Key
Diki Offline

For those of you with the time to try it, I have posted here; http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=60&topic=1689.0

This workaround allows a limited ability to view lyrics in style mode on the G70.....

#196803 - 11/05/06 01:01 AM Re: Best 76 Key
Diki Offline

And this Tip and Trick; http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=209&Itemid=28 allows you to insert an MFX effect onto Song and Style Parts..... Ok, it's not three MFX, but it's still better than none, and can go a fair way towards E80 capabilities.

For those of us still firmly wedded to 76 note keyboards, these workarounds might make the difference between getting a G70 and having to use a 61 note E80......

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online