SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#196590 - 09/19/05 09:43 PM M-Audio ProKeys
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Today, I played the ProKeys[M-Audio's stage piano/controller..]
The first sound I tried was the Grand Piano..I read Keyboard Mag's review[high marks] and expected it to amaze me...Total disapointment..the piano, although a good tone, had no dynamics..Electric pianos were better to me, but lifeless..Basses were good and the ride cymbal was cool..Organs were bland and a poor leslie[mod wheel/modulation]effect.
Strings are nice, clav and vibes, okay..
As a controller, it lacks controll, unlike it's counter part M-Audio's top controller..
The Pro keys has the same keyboard/housing as the Top Controller model..It also has the same weight[over 50 lbs..]
The pro Keys rates a"I pass" from me..for others, a street price of $599..it is probably worth the price..but I still pass..

#196591 - 09/20/05 09:39 AM Re: M-Audio ProKeys
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Did anyone else try the M-Audio ProKeys?
What did you think???

#196592 - 09/20/05 09:53 AM Re: M-Audio ProKeys
The Insider Offline

Loc: Buckinghamshire,England
Hi There

I have just purchased the CME UF8 as a replacement for the Peavey DPM C8 that I have had for the past 7 years.

Pros - Good action, great price (£425 delivered) and many assignable controllers

Cons - No User memory - however, the keyboard retains the last settings made, so you can set up your preferences and turn the unit off and it will boot up as you last left it - give it a shot. . . .

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online