SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#196381 - 07/04/03 09:00 AM Gig Disk #1--the modified version
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Over the past several months, at least 50 emails have come in requesting OTS settings on all of the Gig Disk #1 files. In order to to install the OTS settings, four styles had to be removed from the disk in order to have sufficient space on a single floppy. I kept the ones that most people wished to be saved, added the OTS settings I thought were appropriate for each song, and now it's available at http://psrtutorial.com/Files/F_Styles/S_User/s_user.html

Enjoy,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#196382 - 07/04/03 10:26 AM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Gary,
What would I have to do to be able to use your gig disks on the PSR550 (2 variations only).
Starkeeper

#196383 - 07/04/03 02:54 PM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:

What would I have to do to be able to use your gig disks on the PSR550 (2 variations only).
Starkeeper

Buy a PSR 2100??? Just kidding Kevin! That would be one solution of course.

Michael Bedesem from SVPWorld.com has made a software utility program that addresses that problem if I'm correct in my assumption. I know he has one that changes a two variation Style into a 4 variation Style. I think he might also have a program that changes a 4 variation Style into a 2 variation Style. If Michael doesn't I am pretty sure that there is a program out there on the internet that does.

Uh, I just found it I think. It is called Style Fix. And it is one of Michael Bedesem's programs. The version is 1.1.9 Here is the URL Link: http://www.svpworld.com/util_stylefix.htm

Hope this works for you. PS: I am not sure if you will have to "remove" the OTS or not before the Style[s] will play on your PSR 550. If it is a must to remove the OTS before the Style[s] will work I am stumped and don't know of a program that would do this. Maybe someone else on the Forum can be of assistance regarding that possible dilemma and provide a solution if need be. In fact, maybe Michael's program addresses that issue. If the OTS doesn't have to be removed to play the Style[s] then great. In that case, Style Fix will be all you need either way.

Best regards,
Mike

#196384 - 07/04/03 05:01 PM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

You may need to check if the OTS settings would cause a problem locking up your keyboard. I know some people with older PSR's did have that problem. I think all one has to do is re-set their keyboard to get back to normal.

Otherwise here's a free download from Jorgen Sorenson's site. It's called NO OTS.
http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/noots/index.htm

Best

Scott Langholff

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 07-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 07-04-2003).]

#196385 - 07/04/03 05:32 PM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
travlin'easy Offline

They'll play on the 550 if you remove the OTS settings using Jorgen Sorensen's noots program. If you don't remove the OTS, they'll lock up the keyboard and you'll have to reboot.

Enjoy,

Gary

#196386 - 07/04/03 08:28 PM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
You can also use Michael Bedesem's MIDIPLAYER program. It can read in a midi file from one instrument and convert it to run on another instrument. It was made to handle Tyros songs where the mega voices aren't available on other keyboards. But it also handles styles. You can load in Gary's Gig Disk and save it to the 740 format -- that will remove the OTS.

#196387 - 07/10/03 12:59 PM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
Starkeeper Offline

Removing the OTS using "No OTS" didn't work. The keyboard doesn't hang up, it loads (very slowly), when I go to play that style, it is silent.
Will try another utility to remove the two extra styles.
Starkeeper

#196388 - 07/11/03 07:44 AM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
travlin'easy Offline

Starkeeper,

I took a modified disk to the local music store and tried loading the files into the 550. Some of the files were too large for the keyboard to handle, and that may account for the problem you're encountering. I had the same problem with some of the SD1 files that I downloaded a few weeks ago.

Good Luck,

Gary

#196389 - 07/11/03 11:17 AM Re: Gig Disk #1--the modified version
Starkeeper Offline

Ok.. It's working.
I used Michael Bedesem's StyleFix program. It removes two of the variations.
Starkeeper

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online