SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#196093 - 09/27/06 04:43 PM Check this out...
Jenkins Offline

Loc: NC, USA
Ran across some cool Tyros recordings...

Link removed.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Jenkins (edited 10-01-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Jenkins (edited 10-01-2006).]

#196094 - 09/27/06 06:57 PM Re: Check this out...
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing.

Eric

#196095 - 09/27/06 08:47 PM Re: Check this out...
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Jenkins,

YOU HAVE HIT THE JACKPOT MY FRIEND!!!!

You have found a gold mine. This collection is specially useful for Tyros1&2 owners because the author has provided not only the MP3 recordings but also the actual MIDI files and the corresponding Registrations, Styles and even the Score Sheet in PDF format.

Everything is neatly arranged under separate folders:

Midi
MP3
Registrations
Sheets
Styles

The MP3 files do not do justice. Wait till you hear the MIDI file played back on the Tyros2. It is dynamite. Just for kicks try out the 'Hello Mary Lou.mid' on your Tyros2. I need to get my dancing shoes!

Javaan, the author is a talented performer.

Thanks a million Jenkins for sharing that link. Now you got me wanting for more. If you find any, you know where to post :-)

Tapas

#196096 - 09/28/06 09:41 AM Re: Check this out...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Are these Standard Midi Files or something developed specifically for the Tyros (1 or 2)? ... because listening from the computer with decent head phones the midi files are really lacking and the mp3s sound really good ... I've listened to many midi files with the same set up and they've sounded good, so I don't know why these don't ...

I will try some of the midi files in my kn6000 ...

Tapas, you are right ... for a Tyros owner especially, this is a great site ...

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-28-2006).]

#196097 - 09/28/06 10:05 AM Re: Check this out...
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
I hate to be a wet blanket but....

His downloadable files contains many midi files, MP3s, and PDFs of the printed music of songs written and published by others.

At what point do we have a responsibility as musicians to be respectful of the copyright protection of the work of other musicians?

A few midi files or MP3 to share examples of one's playing as an educational exercise to share with other musicians is one thing. I just feel that this guy has crossed the line.

I will now ring out my blanket.

#196098 - 09/28/06 11:31 AM Re: Check this out...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Robert ... I can see your point as far as the sheet music goes, but I don't have a problem with musicians sharing THEIR performances, or telling others how they did it ...
... just my 2 cents .....
t.

#196099 - 09/28/06 03:36 PM Re: Check this out...
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I see no problem if the music is out copyright or or the sheet music has been purchased as far as performance is concerned.

As regard sheet music the copyright should be expired before it is put on the internet.

During the 1939/45 war my father used to organise community singing with the lyrics
projected on a screen with a magic lanten.
That was untill there was the threat of legal action.

A bit tough don' you think?

Cousin Ken

#196100 - 09/28/06 05:02 PM Re: Check this out...
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Tony: I agree with you about "educational" use of music. I am not an attorney but I believe that such a use is compatible with the spirit of copyright law.

Ken: When a copyright expires it becomes public domain. And there is lots of public domain music on the web. However, I don't think that Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, or Elton John is in the public domain. Yet it exists on this guys site. In great quantity.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online