SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194166 - 09/28/06 03:41 PM Lesson learned
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
Looks like I could learn my lesson about buying on line. I ordered a pair of Yamaha speakers from Musicians friend that included a free gift. To make a long story short I received E-Mail from them saying the product was on back order although it showed being in stock on their website. I called them the next day and they said they were in stock and that they had contacted the warehouse and I should receive notification when they are shipped. After two more days I received an E-Mail that they were out of the free gift and they were sorry but they could do nothing to replace it with another product not even a guitar pick. Need I say that I have waited six days for my speakers to be shipped? I called today and canceled my order.

It seams like after all George Kaye has done for me and numerous other SZ members I would have called him first but I can truthfully say from now on the first call for gear will be to George not only is he very knowledgeable with all the equipment he carries but will give you the personal service that we all miss from all the other online companies. There is no way to place a value on the bend over backwards service you get from George. He went so far as to call Yamaha to be sure that the speakers he has are comparable with what I had ordered, as he didn’t handle this model. Thank you George for your concern with your customers.

Hank

#194167 - 09/28/06 04:24 PM Re: Lesson learned
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
You're still buying stuff? Would you adopt me? Daddy?

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#194168 - 09/28/06 05:04 PM Re: Lesson learned
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Hank,
Thanks for the kind words. I have your speakers sitting at the back door ready to leave my store tomorrow morning. By the way, I even went on line to Yamaha.com after we spoke and the A series speakers aren't even mentioned there either. I know you will be happy with the small platform BR10's. They are light enough and pack a strong sound. There even made in the USA! Unusual for these days.
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online