SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#195888 - 07/24/02 08:30 PM Prove it!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,
I am not trying to blow my own trumpet or anything like that but I want to share some news with you all.

A while ago I started writing my own songs, just for the fun of it really and to see if I could do it. Our very own Scott Yee was the first who heard my song 'Alone' and because of his encouragement I put it on my web page and many of you were kind enough to mail me giving your opinions. This along with Scott's constant support and encouragement prompted me to believe in my own ability a little more.

A few weeks ago I sent a couple of my songs to the Guild of International Songwriters and composers for assessment. Today I recieved the reports back and am very pleased to say the least. I won't go into all the details but they were very positive and recommend that I send the songs to publishers, record companies and producers!

The song they most liked, (called Prove it... hence this thread title!), scored excellent on all points apart from vocal ability (well it was me singing on the demo!!!). They think it has...
... "an excellent commercial value for an artiste to pick up on and record and for publishing." and " subject to exploitation is potential hit material."

Like I say I did not post this to appear big headed. I am just really pleased and it has given my confidence as a writer a massive boost.

Without this forum and the friends I have made here I would not EVER have considered letting anyone hear my work at all. So thank you all. Another very special and warm thanks to Scott for telling me I had a talent and for keeping on telling me even when he knew I did not believe him!

I know this is only a small step but it is one I would not have taken without the kindness and support of my friends here.

Gee the way I am going on you would think that the song had won a Novello award Well if one of mine ever does then you have just read my acceptance speech
ttfn
Tony (Very happy)

#195889 - 07/24/02 08:54 PM Re: Prove it!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony: Congratulations! Looks like you may be headed for fame & fortune. Just don't forget us when you hit the big time. I'm honored to be the 1st to hear your first song 'Alone', and quite honestly, was struck by the power of your lyrics & sincerity of your delivery. Keep us posted on developements.

I'm now anxious to hear your song 'Prove It'. Is is available for listening, on your website? Thanks. - Scott

btw: I hope you remembered to protect (copyright) your song(s) by doing the things I suggested.

#195890 - 07/24/02 10:10 PM Re: Prove it!
ComposerRyan Offline

WOW! Congratulations Tony W! That is some awesome news! We are all very excited for you, Tony!

I visited you website and listened to your song "Alone"! It was excellent and I really enjoyed listening to it...you are VERY talented! I bet you are very excited to hear the great news and we here at the SynthZone share in your excitement - thanks for sharing your story with us!

And great job to Scott for being such an encourager! Like Scott said, I am also anxious to listen to your song "Prove It" - it sounds like it could be a big hit someday and I cannot wait to hear it!

Again, you are VERY talented and your song "Alone" was excellent. I will be sure to visit your website again and listen to it more! May you have a successful music career and reach people through your music and talent, Tony!

See you around Tony and wishing you a successful musical career!
Ryan

------------------
CHECK OUT THE PTRNET WEBSITES!

Performance Hall, Dedicated to Thomas Brothers Music: http://webquad.tripod.com/ph/

American Conquest Real-Time-Strategy Game: http://ptrnet.tripod.com/ac/

(NEW!) Officers of Valor Gaming Group: http://ptrnet.tripod.com/oov/

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#195891 - 07/24/02 10:19 PM Re: Prove it!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Tony,

I liked your song too. Any chance we can listen to the winner song soon ?

Eric

#195892 - 07/25/02 07:49 AM Re: Prove it!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Tony,
Congrats thats great news, I haven`t heard your song but I`m sure it`s a winner !!
jedi

#195893 - 07/25/02 08:13 AM Re: Prove it!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Tony CONGRAT'S, I hope every thing works
out good for you.
Keep Smiling
Make Music
Denny

#195894 - 07/25/02 08:38 AM Re: Prove it!
Zack Offline

hey tony, thats wonderful! wheres your website? i would love to hear that alone song and any others. thanks! Z

#195895 - 07/25/02 02:27 PM Re: Prove it!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello all,
Many thanks for all your kind comments. Apologies for the delay in relying but have been really busy today and have not had chance to get online.

Yes I do intend to put Prove It on the website soon. Will let you know when it goes up! Zack, my web addy is in my profile. Alone is there but will be coming down shortly so I can put my new ones up.

Thanks again everyone
ttfn
Tony

------------------
Naked Women Here : http://website.lineone.net/~the-ant
OK OK it's my website really and your as likely to see naked women there as you are to see the Pope in trousers, but it pays to be creative smile )

#195896 - 07/25/02 07:52 PM Re: Prove it!
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Tony,
Great news. I enjoyed listening to your song "Alone" and liked is as well. It was well worth the wait (download speed is slow on my 300 baud modem here )
Congratulations.
- Brian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online