SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195808 - 07/08/02 06:19 PM I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Just wanted to let you know after much deliberation I chose the PSR2000 over the PA80. Both are very nice and it's certainly one of those "six of one thing and half a dozen of the other" when it comes time to actually make the decision. The more I play this thing its like I just can hardly believe where the technology has come in a very short time span. Not to mention the multitude of free styles on the net a lot of which just blows me away.

My reasons for purchasing the 2000:

-Only 23 lbs.
-Great styles.
-Very easy to operate.
-Can figure out the most important stuff without an owners manual.
-Attractive looks.
-Vocal hamonizer.
-Kenny G soprano sax.
-Lot of free styles on internet.
-etc., etc.,

Also this forum helped me to make the choice with a quite a bit of confidence that would not have been there otherwise. I especially want to thank Scott Yee for his input in particular about jazz voicings. I want to learn this art and this is apparently the best choice between the 2000 and the PA80 on this issue.

If this product is this good at this price,(thank goodness for e-bay by the way), then I can't wait to hear this new Tyros when it comes out. This is an interesting statement for me because I never used to like the older Yamahas.

Does anyone know if anyone is coming out with the PA80 styles for Yamaha? I hope so. While I would love to have all there onboard styles, I would kill to get the jazz styles and the Elite styles. If anyone has a line on this please let me know.

Now to find a good case that fits!! Any ideas?

Again thank you forum members for listening and sharing your ideas.

Scott Langholff

#195809 - 07/08/02 06:54 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scott...
The subject came up a couple of months ago and the majority of opinion seemed to go with the Kaces III Porter #7 Case. I found one at Mars and have been very happy with it. Several others on the board got one as well and I don't recall any negative comments.
Eddie

#195810 - 07/08/02 07:53 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi

I've been trying to find that case and am finding other model numbers. I wonder if they changed their line or if it has more than one way to list descrition.

Thanx

Scott

#195811 - 07/08/02 07:58 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hello Guys, I have one.
Only the fact that if I could go back and
buy again I would get the #9 that it calls
for! Some of the guys liked the snug fit of the #7! It is snug very snug! A lot of strain on the zippers. It has wheels but they're very small. Your alright as long as you're on a hard surface. But if you're in gravel, don't work so good! Everytime you pull it up over a curb or a door step you slide the bag again something! The handle is not strong enough to pull it up a set of stairs. It's plastic. I was afraid it would break and let my KB go plunging down the stairs! This is why I bought this bag! The stairs issue! I found you can't use it for that so I just went back to using an old bag that I had! It's a lot lighter! The Kaces III Porter has a steal rod frame adding some to the weight. I just figured if I have to carry my KB up and down the stairs anyway, I might as well make it as light as possible!
All that said, It is evry sturdy & well made.
Some of the guys realy liked them!
Best regards,
Nobby
PS: Here is a link to them,Click on Cross Reference Guide. http://www.aceproducts.com/porter.html
------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 07-08-2002).]

#195812 - 07/08/02 10:09 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I would never trust the handle and wheels on stairs. You'll rip up the back of the bag as well. It's so light - just use the handle on the side, and roll it when you get to a flat place. The #9 case is way too big for me - KB flops around, and it's got oo much bulk to it. I like the snug fit(#7) - just take your time with the zippers, that's all. Pull the case all around the KB before you start to zip.

#195813 - 07/08/02 10:56 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Scott, Congratulations on getting the PSR2000, a terrific little keyboard. Now we not only share a Great 'name', but the same arranger KB as well. The PSR2000 packs a lot of quality features & great sound in a small package and low price point. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that its lightweight keyboard keys & buttons continue to hold up to the rigors of gigging for us. So far, so good, knock on wood.

The Kases Porter #7 works great for me and my PSR2000. I prefer the smaller form factor of size #7. My 2000 fits snuggly (I LIKE that), but it isn't 'too snug' either. The only beef I have about the Kases Porter is that it's a bit awkward to pull the zipper underneath the case's retractable black metal bracket. Also, the included keyboard stand leash attachment strap (clip portion) which came with my case, is already busted . . . Now I gotta figure out where to obtain a replacement part. Other than these two things, this case is great because it's not much larger than the KB itself. Even in the Kases Porter #7, the PSR2000 is relatively light, so I would recommend carrying the case up stairs and reserve rolling it on its wheels for flat surface areas only. - Scott

#195814 - 07/08/02 11:44 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Scott Langholff Offline

Hello

Any idea of the weight of the #7 case?

Thanx

Scott

#195815 - 07/09/02 02:38 AM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Beakybird Offline

Get the size 9 and buy a flat tupperware container. Put your pedals, mic, and mic cable and adapter in this container. Keep this container to the side of your keyboard. Now the keyboard will fit snuggly in the size 9 case and you will have all of your accessories at hand.

Larry

#195816 - 07/09/02 04:33 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Dnj Offline

I just saw the PSr2k on sale NEW on Ebay for $890.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=892849116

#195817 - 07/09/02 04:57 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Scott Langholff Offline

Hi

I paid $815 plus shipping for mine. It was new sealed in the box. The guys listed above on e-bay charge $75 extra for the ac adaptor. I dont't think ebay actually allows this practice. The ac adaptor is in the keyboard box, it is part of the package. They told me the ordered them seperately. WRONG. With these guys by the time you add shipping its about $1025. One can do better than that.

Scott

#195818 - 07/09/02 05:22 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Hmm at $ 815 I'm almost tempted again.... hmmmm.... Nahhh better not ..lol

#195819 - 07/09/02 06:03 PM Re: I finally decided on and bought the PSR2000 over the PA80
Scott Langholff Offline

Hey Bluezplayer

lol

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online