SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#195710 - 07/11/07 12:10 AM Mastering Improvisation Through Auto-Rhythm/Accompaniment Technology
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
http://music.utsa.edu:16080/tdml/conf-I/I-Stampfli.html

#195711 - 07/11/07 01:01 AM Re: Mastering Improvisation Through Auto-Rhythm/Accompaniment Technology
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thanks Taike....a very interesting and enlightening article.

Ian

------------------
Bring back the Chord Sequencer!

#195712 - 07/11/07 04:09 AM Re: Mastering Improvisation Through Auto-Rhythm/Accompaniment Technology
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
I enjoyed reading this article very much.
Maybe there is a glimmer of respect developing for arrangers among the professional music community, but only a glimmer. Lol

Thanks Taike

#195713 - 07/11/07 05:51 AM Re: Mastering Improvisation Through Auto-Rhythm/Accompaniment Technology
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
I enjoyed reading this article very much.
Maybe there is a glimmer of respect developing for arrangers among the professional music community, but only a glimmer. Lol

Thanks Taike

Arranger-keyboards: the Rodney Dangerfields of musical instruments.

You're welcome, Ian and Richard.

Taike

#195714 - 07/11/07 09:05 AM Re: Mastering Improvisation Through Auto-Rhythm/Accompaniment Technology
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Wow! Someone even more verbose than me!

Sadly, the most important tool for practicing improvisation has been dropped by Roland. (Insert groan here... ).

The Chord Sequencer allowed you to input a set of changes in realtime, then improvise your brains out over the top of them..! You could change variations when you felt like it, fills when you felt like it, and even change rhythms when you felt like it (unlike simply recording the arranger into it's sequencer).

It is a TOTALLY different experience improvising while you have to provide the changes, to having the backing go along by itself, and you just concentrate completely on the solo. Two handed piano, sax solos using the bender, double fisted organ playing, NONE of these can be done while your left hand is tied up playing the changes, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Just one MORE reason to get the CS back.... Teachers, write to Roland. DEMAND it's return.
------------------------------------------------
Thanks, Ian, for beating me to the punch...!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-11-2007).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online