SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#195639 - 07/11/07 09:45 AM yamaha psr s900.....
rohith Offline

Loc: Chennai,TN,India
someone plz help me out...in the psr s900 manual there is some mention of aftertouch...pg 168..
www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/port/psrs900_en_om_b1.pdf
but the keybed doesnt support it unfortunately;(..is it possible to connect an external midi controller such as this
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/closeup/Axiom61--Main

and use aftertouch???? is it possible to produce this kind of stuff???(im not worried about the voices but the expressibility of playing...like at 00:32 in this vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5if_XdR13Dw

also is it possible to expand the memory of the s900???? how does one play the sa voices using pedals n stuff???? (plz keep in mind i dont have this keyboard with me right now...i have a psr e403...planning to upgrade...)

[This message has been edited by rohith (edited 07-11-2007).]

#195640 - 07/11/07 02:54 PM Re: yamaha psr s900.....
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
My PSR900's won't arrive until Thursday but I'm sure my answer will be correct. Most of the Yamaha keyboards can receive aftertouch from a midi controller which features aftertouch as an option. The 900 cannot have aftertouch when played from it's own keyboard, but if a midi keyboard connected to the midi in jack has the aftertouch ability, the PSRS900 will receive this information and it's sound will respond to the kind of aftertouch transmitted from the midi keyboard.
You cannot expand the voice set and when you connect a sustain pedal and play a super articulation sax for example, the breath is heard when you press down on the sustain pedal. So, if you use it between phrases, it will sound like a sax player taking a breath before he begins playing the new phrase.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online