SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#195624 - 11/12/10 01:08 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

earlier I wrote:

'On the Roland and Korg, you have to record the whole arrangement in real time, which is ridicolous'

just toclarify: you can write the chords in step time on the Roland and Korg too, but you can only do so for EACH TRACK SEPARATELY, while on the Yamaha, you can do so for the FULL BACKING at once. You write the chords and the fills and the whole rhythm section is programmed. End of story.

On the Korg and Roland,you can do the full backing as well, of course, but you HAVE TO WRITE THE PARTS FOR EACH INSTRUMENT SEPARATELY. So it's like you compare writing the chords ONCE to writing the chords 8 times (depending how many instruments play in the accompaniment for the chosen style)

That's where the real difference is.

#195625 - 11/12/10 05:34 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
earlier I wrote:

'On the Roland and Korg, you have to record the whole arrangement in real time, which is ridicolous'

just toclarify: you can write the chords in step time on the Roland and Korg too, but you can only do so for EACH TRACK SEPARATELY, while on the Yamaha, you can do so for the FULL BACKING at once. You write the chords and the fills and the whole rhythm section is programmed. End of story.

On the Korg and Roland,you can do the full backing as well, of course, but you HAVE TO WRITE THE PARTS FOR EACH INSTRUMENT SEPARATELY.
So it's like you compare writing the chords ONCE to writing the chords 8 times (depending how many instruments play in the accompaniment for the chosen style)

That's where the real difference is.

No, this is not correct, at least with the Korg (I am not familiar with the Roland). You most certainly can enter chords in step time in a single pass that all of the accompaniment tracks will respond to.

When looking at the Step Record Sequence main page you can make the following settings for each measure:
  • select which Style will be played
  • what keyboard set-up (Performance) will be in use
  • the Tempo
  • the Chord to be used by the arranger
    which Style Element will be used from the selected Style
  • the length (how many measures) you want the entries starting at the selected measure to play before moving to the next step

It is all pretty easy to do. Here is what the Step Record Sequence screen looks like:

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 11-13-2010).]

#195626 - 11/15/10 10:53 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Anonymous
Unregistered

bump

arranger_yes_pc_no, just curious if my post above clarifies the way the Korg Pa series utilizes a chord track? I realize this is different than the way your Yamaha works, but is not the result the same?

Thanks,

Dave

#195627 - 11/15/10 11:31 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dave,
Yep...that's what I do..it works nicely.

Maybe the older Korg didn't have that backing feature..don't know...all I can say is the PA2XPRO and PA800 do. And you DO NOT have to do what Arranger_yes_PC_no is saying.

Lee S.

#195628 - 11/15/10 12:23 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
If you would like to hear original songs created on an arranger keyboard, your welcome top visit my site. Follow the signature.

I wrote some lyrics and used my Ketron Sd1 to formulate ideas for original songs.

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

#195629 - 11/15/10 02:26 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I've posted these songs before. But since this thread is about making music, I thought I would throw back out.

All I used was a Zoom Hard Disk Recorder and my SD1. Most people would never know it was only one keyboard used.

#195630 - 11/15/10 02:49 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
No, this is not correct, at least with the Korg (I am not familiar with the Roland). You most certainly can enter chords in step time in a single pass that all of the accompaniment tracks will respond to.

When looking at the Step Record Sequence main page you can make the following settings for each measure:
  • select which Style will be played
  • what keyboard set-up (Performance) will be in use
  • the Tempo
  • the Chord to be used by the arranger
    which Style Element will be used from the selected Style
  • the length (how many measures) you want the entries starting at the selected measure to play before moving to the next step

It is all pretty easy to do. Here is what the Step Record Sequence screen looks like:

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 11-13-2010).]

yep it works the same with the PA1X

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online