SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#195604 - 11/06/10 05:09 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
OK, will do.
Thanks for the offer....

By the way, Bart and I played the T4 today at Sweetwater Sound. pretty nice.

Lee S.

#195605 - 11/06/10 06:29 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
lee get in touch with me anytime if you wanna talk ok/

Lee, I've talked with Donny quite a few times thru the years about gigs, he definitely has know how and the experience when it comes to gettin' the gigs. Of course he has the talent too.

#195606 - 11/06/10 10:31 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
124 Offline

Quote:
Although there a few talented individuals here ...I have learned that this is not the place to share anything as you will be berated beyond belief. instead I prefer in person, or video conferencing, email, or chats to coreposnd and discuss different things help each other one on one..otherwise it's fruitless.

I know what you're saying, Donny, but no-one's berating Dave in this thread. I respect your M.O. by wanting to keep it one-to-one, but I hope this doesn't discourage people from posting further tutorials on the Zone.

#195607 - 11/07/10 01:22 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Although there a few talented individuals here ...I have learned that this is not the place to share anything as you will be berated beyond belief. instead I prefer in person, or video conferencing, email, or chats to coreposnd and discuss different things help each other one on one..otherwise it's fruitless.

Well that is only true if you are silly enough to acknowledge those negative postings. If you are mature enough to simply ignore them then they will not only fail to affect the thread they will also be deleted as I have already done previously on this thread.

As well I count the number of times someone forces me to delete one of their postings. Once that count reaches 3 it is an automatic ban regardless of why they posted what they did. There is a limit to how much of my time ( and yours ) I will allow people to waste.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 11-07-2010).]

#195608 - 11/07/10 06:01 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

Nigel,
Very good advice...
Thanks for the intuition and your time to keep things in order.

Lee S.

#195609 - 11/09/10 01:50 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Umm, actually you can do the very same thing on the Korg Pa series.

And this is of course why manuals are supplied with instruments like these.

no, you are totally wrong. The PA series doesn't do anything like that,I have carefully examinated all the manuals of all the known arrangers before deciding to stick to Yamaha.
My friend own a Korg and a Yamaha and write your stuff and you'll see what I mean.

The ONLY arrangers that have a chord track are the Yamahas and the Technics. Ketron, Korg, Roland, don't have it. It's just a very relevant oversight from these companies.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 11-09-2010).]

#195610 - 11/09/10 01:57 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:

no, you are totally wrong. The PA series doesn't do anything like that,I have carefully examinated all the manuals of all the known arrangers before deciding to stick to Yamaha.
Do you write complete pieces on arrangers? If not, then you can't get my point fully, and it's a bit hard to explain.
It's one of these things that you can very clearly see for yourself and go 'Ah! It makes sense!' once you do the thing for yourself.
Get a Korg and a Yamaha and write your stuff and you'll see what I mean.

The ONLY arrangers that have a chord track are the Yamahas and the Technics. Ketron, Korg, Roland, don't have it. It's just a very relevant oversight from these companies.

#195611 - 11/09/10 05:36 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

arranger_yes_pc_no,
So...tell me why the only way to accomplish what you want is with a chord track..in detail please...and I will hopefully tell you how it is done on my Korg PA2XPRO.

Lee S.

#195612 - 11/09/10 08:49 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
arranger_yes_pc_no,
So...tell me why the only way to accomplish what you want is with a chord track..in detail please...and I will hopefully tell you how it is done on my Korg PA2XPRO.

Lee S.

I would tell you why in detail, provided I had time to devote to that task, which unfortunately I don't have. Who will pay me?

If you don't believe me, there's a faster way: get a Yamaha or a Technics and write the same song on both the Yamaha/Technics and the Korg, and see for yourself on which one is WAY, WAY faster to write the same song.

That's all I can really tell you. By the way, I don't need to know how to write music on your Korg: I had figured it out about a year ago from the manual before I decided to get my Yamaha, the Korg is no different than a Roland or a Ketron: there's no 'chord track'. It's basically like the sequencer of a synth workstation like a Korg Triton or a Roland Juno.

It seems to me like you have never used that 'chord track' before....if you had, you would be of my same opinion, trust me.

The Korg PA is a great instrument...I am only talking about the 'chord track'. Nothing else

#195613 - 11/09/10 10:16 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

arranger_yes_pc_no,
Don't need a chord track....for what I usually do...In this process you can fix not ony chord mistakes but other kinds as well.

If I want to quickly record a song I use this mode:

(From the manual)
Backing Sequence (Quick Record) mode allows you to quickly
record your live performance with the Styles. To make things
easier, just two grouped tracks are provided: Kbd/Pad (Keyboard
and Pads) to record keyboard and pads, and Ch/Acc (Chords/
Accompaniment) to record Style commands and chords played
on the keyboard.

(When you save the song it then creates all 16 tracks.)

THEN, if you want to change something like a wrong chord...here is the answer:

The 'STEP' Backing Sequence mode allows you to enter single
chords, to create or edit the Style (Chord/Acc) part of a Song.
This mode lets you enter chords even if you are not a keyboard
player, or 'FIX ANY ERROR' made playing chords or selecting Style
controls, during a Backing Sequence (Quick Record) recording.

(There is, of course a full PRO level 16 track sequencer that is built in.)

It works great and it is very easy to fix mistakes.

There is a lot in all these arrangers that are sometimes not apparent in a read of the manual...anyway that's what I have learned.
I discovered how this works when I actaully started recording songs the first week.

Lee S.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online