SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#195614 - 11/09/10 04:09 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
well done Lee. You beat me to it.

#195615 - 11/09/10 05:10 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Spalding,
I really like that quick record mode...it's just easy to use and fast to setup. And since I tend to still make a few mistakes..easy to correct them, without having to chgange a lot of things, just go to step backing seq. mode and find the error, & fix it. Nice because you can even add fills, etc that you forgot to do. Chord error are really quick & simple to fix.

I have learned through the years to STUDY the manuals (multiple times)...not just read through them quickly. A lot of things are in the Korg manuals that most people dont even know about, especially Korg owners. I would however like a few video's of some of the more advanced features just to make it more clear...and faster to figure out, because there is so much there. Also the advanced edit mode that covers sound editing, sampling and effects is super. Lots of questions on Korg forums are asked...and the answer is right in the manual.

Lee S.

#195616 - 11/10/10 07:27 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Dnj Offline

#195617 - 11/11/10 12:50 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
The steptime method between the Korg & Yamaha is different.
With Yammie , you play the actual chord on the keyboard in steptime. In Korg steptime, you dial up the chord.
The Yammie method possibly would be faster, especially with lots of complex chords.

Personally I prefer Korg method.
Suppose it's what one gets used to.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by leeboy:
[B]arranger_yes_pc_no,

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-11-2010).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#195618 - 11/11/10 01:25 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dave,
I tried something similar with a style I put together a while ago, ( Speak Softly Love) except I had to do mine from a midifile, I DON't have your talent for recording.
I love what can be done on the Korg.
Multiple time signatures ( one for each style part), perfect for creating a medley style.
Up to 32 bars for each style part, including the fills.
Quite mind boggling with what could be done.

best wishes
Rikki.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WDMcM:
[B] My thought was to sequence the entire thing other than the parts I would play live, but the downside of that is having to stick to the structure of the song;

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#195619 - 11/11/10 06:35 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:

no, you are totally wrong. The PA series doesn't do anything like that,I have carefully examinated all the manuals of all the known arrangers before deciding to stick to Yamaha.
My friend own a Korg and a Yamaha and write your stuff and you'll see what I mean.

The ONLY arrangers that have a chord track are the Yamahas and the Technics. Ketron, Korg, Roland, don't have it. It's just a very relevant oversight from these companies.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 11-09-2010).]

No, I am totally correct. You wrote:
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
I have tried most arrangers, for writing your own songs only the Yamaha cut it, because they have a 'chord track' that the Korg and Roland don't have, which is a shame.
It's basically a track that allows you to precisely write the arrangement in step time.

This is precisely what the Step Backing Sequence Mode allows you to do. Granted, it works a little differently than the way Yamaha has implemented the idea, but the results are the same; a way to create or edit a backing sequence in step time.

Personally I don't use the step record method because I have the ability to play in real time. Sure I make mistakes occasionally, but when I do I normally just re-do the track or use the punch-in feature. Recording in real-time gives the tracks more of a live feel.

#195620 - 11/11/10 07:14 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

WDMcM
+1,
I find it very capable...more capable than my musical skill...but I'm working on that.

I had a T2 and I remember the method there was fine too...but not as capable.
Lee S.

#195621 - 11/11/10 10:40 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
plus you can micro edit with the Korg. You can isolate specific notes and make them louder, softer, last longer or shorter change the putch and the timing etc . Very advanced editing capabilities !

#195622 - 11/11/10 11:29 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suffice it to say, all of the arranger keyboards have their strong areas. The original point our friend Donny was trying to make with this thread is that these instruments have more capabilities than a lot of folks use, or may even be aware of.

It does make me laugh (or cry) to see how some people are so convinced that their brand of choice is the only brand that should be considered and that all other brands pale in comparison. The fact is, ALL arranger keyboards do the same thing; you play a chord, they play a background. Each brand has some unique features that aren't found on other brands, but that doesn't mean that the same result can't be accomplished by other means on the other brand. Just a different way of accomplishing the same thing. Naturally once you are familiar with one way, it is easiest to stick with that way of doing things. The downside is you may miss some other very cool features that another brand offers because you won't allow yourself to be open to anything but what you had originally chosen. Just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 11-11-2010).]

#195623 - 11/11/10 03:16 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

Yep...+1,
Lee S.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online