SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#195554 - 11/03/10 06:24 AM Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Dnj Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxZCjt3aKXs

you can do this on your arranger KB unit also easily.

I hope they don't think the so called
"HOME ARRANGER PLAYERS" can't do it..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-03-2010).]

#195555 - 11/03/10 01:47 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Dnj Offline

I guess by the non response no one even interested to go thru the trouble of making their own songs when they have styles already made for them? THis is why there will never be a bonding of the two Arranger/Workstation synth.

#195556 - 11/03/10 02:14 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Donny,

I realize the point you are trying to make but the lack of response may be due to the video clip you selected. Your point would be far better made if the the keyboard used was an arranger keyboard. It's fine to say that "an arranger keyboard can do that too" but then the proof should be made using an arranger keyboard. Does that make sense?

So my suggestion is to hook up your video camera, aim it at the arranger keyboard of your choice and have at it. Then post the results here.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
The Modulators

#195557 - 11/03/10 02:22 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Donny,

I realize the point you are trying to make but the lack of response may be due to the video clip you selected. Your point would be far better made if the the keyboard used was an arranger keyboard. It's fine to say that "an arranger keyboard can do that too" but then the proof should be made using an arranger keyboard. Does that make sense?

So my suggestion is to hook up your video camera, aim it at the arranger keyboard of your choice and have at it. Then post the results here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU3sfuBbdTc&feature=related

Technics KN7000

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-03-2010).]

#195558 - 11/03/10 02:49 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Donny,

Come on! At 26 seconds into this video, the creator states 'over 50 tracks of audio'. I'm pretty sure that the KN7000 didn't have 50 tracks of recording, much less audio recording. And I also don't remember the KN7000 having a built-in 8 channel mixer with 100mm automated faders and 8 analog VU meters.

Seriously, make you own video and be done with it.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
The Modulators

#195559 - 11/03/10 03:22 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Donny is the King... the YOUTUBE King..

#195560 - 11/03/10 03:36 PM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Donny,

Come on! At 26 seconds into this video, the creator states 'over 50 tracks of audio'. I'm pretty sure that the KN7000 didn't have 50 tracks of recording, much less audio recording. And I also don't remember the KN7000 having a built-in 8 channel mixer with 100mm automated faders and 8 analog VU meters.

Seriously, make you own video and be done with it.

Dave dont know what the heck this guy on the video is doing...but I've sequenced songs more then I like to remember thru the years using Synths & Arrangers alike.....I am not a teacher & never had patience for it....but I will tell you this it requires procedures & time, effort, and knowledge playing all the parts/efx correctly to achieve a successful project. My point was to bring to light that we all have the tools within our arrangers to do multitrack recordings & to create our own styles also so why not take advantaged..you just have top indulge yourself, dig into the OS and have fun creating..

#195561 - 11/04/10 07:33 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK Donny, I recorded two short little videos this morning before I left to go to work. The quality isn't great, I know; I didn't have time to go direct audio, set up proper lighting, etc. so PLEASE don't complain. There are also a few klunkers, but again this was quick and dirty.

Three separate tracks

Playing with style

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
The Modulators

#195562 - 11/04/10 07:43 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Thanks for the video clips, Dave. Especially enjoyed the Yardbird Suite.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#195563 - 11/04/10 07:51 AM Re: Even You Can Do it Also....creating a Song!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dave,
Nicely done...
AND it as simple as that!
Nice chops!

Donny, I still do not know what part of the Korg OS you think is to many button pushes..
My gosh...Dave just did a 3 track, multitrack record and it looked pretty simple to me??

Most everything has a shift key shortcut.

Lee S.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online