SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#195415 - 05/09/07 05:48 PM Casio Privia PX-200 and PX-800!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I've received both of these new models and I'm amazed at the 128 note polyphony 88 key naturally scaled hammer action keys.
The PX-200 features 162 tones, 20 rhythms with auto accomp., 72 songs (10 user), a new AIF Tri- Element Sound Source.
The new look is a big improvement over the PX110 because of the use of a much nicer looking piece of wood grain on the top of the keyboard. It reminds me more of a Lexus or Acura's dashboard. The grain is much nicer looking then previous models.
Casio has added both USB and Midi Jacks and there are dedicated 1/4" line output jacks.
An SD card slot on the front is where you can play standard midi files directly from the card without having to load. This is a GM standard instrument so it plays songs back with 16 tracks and 128 notes of polyphony which allows you to play along without worrying about notes dropping out.
The new sound source also features natural acoustic resonance and an advanced filter to allow better control when playing soft vs loud piano voices. There are also 2 8 watt speakders built into this portable piano.
Casio doesn't give you the ability to turn off tracks of the midi file playback mode which would have been nice, but just the ability to use this feature with hundreds of songs saved on a tiny SD card is pretty good on a piano that sells for $699.00!
It's a major breakthrough to offer 128 note polyphony on a product within this price range and weighing only 27 lbs.
The PX-200 is a more home piano like model finished in a teac colored natural wood finish. The only feature not included from the PX-200 are the 20 auto accomp. styles. It does come with a pull out key cover like a piano and 3 pedals attached to the stand, which also house a 20Watt + 20Watt speaker system for very natural sounding playing.
In keyboard magazine a few months ago, they did a review of all the major digital pianos on the market. They gave the Casio Privias high praises for feel, sound, portability and prices which don't need a comma in their price. The only negative they gave them was the 32 note polyphony. Now, for just a little more you get 128 note polyphony. I can't wait to see what Keyboard Magazine says in their next reviews!
The price for the PX-200 is $699 and the PX-800 is $899. These are the street prices for these products, not Retail prices.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566 www.kayesmusicscene.com

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 05-09-2007).]
(Retired 2021)

#195416 - 05/13/07 10:13 AM Re: Casio Privia PX-200 and PX-800!
superpowter77 Offline

Loc: cape coral, fl 33309
I'm amazed how realistic and powerful is the new AIF piano sound in the px-200, plus 128 poly meaning I will be able to layer up to 4 voices without affecting my performance is simply great. I'ts harder to play my montuno performances using weighted keys, however my classical piano songs now sound outstanding. I'm going to try controlling my motif rack es with it, I'll post my experience here.
outputs in live mode are great much better that my yamaha dgx-505(not suited for live use), and my yamaha s80(too heavy and just got tired of their piano sounds). It's giving me a wonderful sound thru an alesis sumo 300 and crate kxb-100.
and I won't break my back, just have to lift 16 kilos three times a week.

[This message has been edited by superpowter77 (edited 05-13-2007).]

#195417 - 05/14/07 09:51 AM Re: Casio Privia PX-200 and PX-800!
Beakybird Offline

I have a Casio Privia PX400R, and even though I liked it in the store because it had a subdued sound that made it sound real to me in contrast to my PSR3000 piano voice, my ear gets tired of the sound very quickly. It does not sound like a real piano. It's missing depth.

Do these digital pianos sound much better?

Beakybird

#195418 - 05/29/07 09:14 AM Re: Casio Privia PX-200 and PX-800!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I've just had a brief play on a PX 200 and to me the keyboard action was much better than other (older) budget piano's I've tried, including other Casio's. The sound quality was also very good. At this price point it's well worth a look.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online