SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195259 - 05/17/05 08:47 AM Re: Roland G-70 review..A+
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Personally I am puzzled why ANYONE would prefer the Ketron or the Roland G70 over the KORG PA1X, but then again there's no accounting for tastes.
I know Don loves his SD1 and Roel used to love it, until he "betrayed the love of his life"and leapt to the Yamaha Tyros ,using the Korg and the G70 as mere stepping stones.
Still, I have played most of these boards, though not owned them, and can understand people's fascination with most of these boards as they cater for different tastes, but I remain puzzled by the attraction of the G-70, but then again I have not yet heard any worthwhile stuff coming from this board other than the factory presets and default, which don't impress me at all.

[This message has been edited by john smies (edited 05-17-2005).]

#195260 - 05/17/05 12:00 PM Re: Roland G-70 review..A+
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by john smies:
I remain puzzled by the attraction of the G-70, but then again I have not yet heard any worthwhile stuff coming from this board other than the factory presets and default, which don't impress me at all.

[This message has been edited by john smies (edited 05-17-2005).]

Hi John,
what shall we do to get your satisfaction?
Hanspeter, G-70 & Tyros user.

#195261 - 05/17/05 12:12 PM Re: Roland G-70 review..A+
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I do like the SD1. I haven't heard or tried the Korg because, 1: It's too heavy. 2: I can't see one anywhere close. 3: It's too heavy.
DonM

#195262 - 05/17/05 02:13 PM Re: Roland G-70 review..A+
BlkNotes Offline

Dear John;

All these top model aranger keyborads are very similar and are really not that different. Each keyboard has its pros & cons. They are ultimately chosen by consumers based on personal preference. Remember, one man's barn is another man's castle. So, to say one Kb is superior to another can't be the case. One has to take into account the frame of reference and ask the next question, superior for which player and why.

Regards;
BN

#195263 - 05/17/05 07:16 PM Re: Roland G-70 review..A+
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Kbrkr...I did not own the SD1plus but the SD1 ( but I had all the styles and sounds from the +) The key words here are "I Like" the G70 better than the Sd1 and the Pa1xpro. I did not say it was better than the afore mentioned KB's. The styles and sounds I prefer "float my boat" better on the G70 then the others. Jazz, Bossa/Latin and the 8 & 16 beat. Piano, Organ, Sax, Trumpet, in fact to my ears all the sounds (except the drums SD1 ...I will give the edge)
The G70 is a "VERY POLISHED" arranger. The 1.10 upgrade makes a big difference but still some of the sounds have TOO MUCH reverb, need to spend a little time to adjust and let the natural sound shine!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online