SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#194949 - 04/27/05 01:13 PM At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
After listening to efforts made from you, I decided to post something myself, well, here it is.

Harlem Nocturne http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/trident/harlemnocturne.mp3

If for any reason you can't download, please go to http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/trident and then download manually

Casio CTK-750, Style 038 Chicago Blues played via Hyper Canvas, Tempo: 73, Lead: Luxonix Ravity (S) Velo Tenor Sax -1 octave.

Recorded "live" in one take, errors are noticeable. I use only three chords, Gmin, Cmin, Dmaj, don't know if anymore are needed.

Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Theodore

#194950 - 04/27/05 01:35 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Trident.....I've been to both sites and downloaded both files....I can't get any to play...I would like very much to hear it....
where do we go from here...

#194951 - 04/27/05 01:35 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
Many thanks Theodore.

That was a real pleasure to listen too.

Keyboardcapers

#194952 - 04/27/05 01:36 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Theodore,
I am glad that on this Forum we are finally discussing music again!
Speaking of the song you posted, I have to say that I don't like much the style you choosed, because it's maybe too "heavy"; furthermore, I think that you should change the drum set you used, because that snare is a bit loud and annoying. Have you tried with a brush kit?
I have, on the other hand, to say that the Tenor Sax sounded really good and had the right amount of "guts".
Speaking finally of the "player" , I think that you rendition was flawless, with the right amount of feeling. I am sure that you could add some "embellishments", like a 9th here and there, but since I don't know this song well I will leave this kind of comments to somebody else.
All in all, a very good rendition!
Efxaristò
Kali emera!
Andrea
(a "greek" name!)

#194953 - 04/27/05 01:38 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
Wow!! Tony
That was good timing. Lol!

Keyboardcapers

#194954 - 04/27/05 01:42 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Keyboardcapers:
Wow!! Tony
That was good timing. Lol!

Keyboardcapers

Hey Man...how did you guys play the song....I can't play it.....Yea, great timing
it will never happen again....hehehe

#194955 - 04/27/05 02:58 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
trident Offline

Tony,
right now I am uploading a second file to http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/trident called harlem3.mp3
It is the same source encoded with another mp3 encoder, maybe this will work, quality is probably the same as before.

Keyboardcrapers thanks

Dreamer
This is the only style I have that fits well with the song, maybe i could cancel one of the accompaniment tracks. Unfortunately, my keyboard sends patch chages every time i push a variation button, so even if i choose a brush drums patch, after the end of the intro, it will instruct HyperCanvas to change to default again.
Another problem is that if I try to put a 9th in there, half the song would pass and still I would be stuck trying to position my fingers for the chord change I can only play by ear.
Thanks for the comments

#194956 - 04/27/05 03:37 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Tony Rome Offline

Trident...I still can not play the tune and I've downloaded it 6 times.....I can play everything else I download...
Tony

#194957 - 04/27/05 03:55 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
trident Offline

I can't understand what's wrong Tony. The first file was a normal mp3 (at least so I think), saved from Goldwave, a shareware audio program
Second file was encoded with Lame encoder.
Have you tried different players?

Anyone else with the same problem, or any suggestion?

#194958 - 04/27/05 04:34 PM Re: At last, I am posting a song,... Harlem Nocturne
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
This is the only style I have that fits well with the song...

To me this sounds like a bad excuse...
...and it isn't even necessary because it sounds really good to me. You played it live? You're a good player!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
I can't understand what's wrong Tony...Anyone else with the same problem, or any suggestion?

I'd have sometimes the same problem with Opera 5.12 in Win2000 surrounding. The polities of the modern OSs are so complexe...
I'll provide Tony the unique posibility to download the file (which I downloaded from your page before) from my own webspace if you give me the admission to do so, Trident.
I don't know if this will help but I would give it a try...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online