SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194424 - 07/06/03 06:25 AM The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
Dnj Offline

is meeting so many wonderful people and musicians who love playing the keyboard. In the last few years I have met so many great people in person such as..Uncle Dave, Fran Carango, Dan O'neil, Prince AJ [ketron], Alex Green, Tom Cavanaugh, Mario LaVera, Gary Diamond [Travlin easy], Joe Balsamini [JayMar] who I performed for Yesterday at his beautifull Community poolside BBQ, we had a great time and It was so nice to meet him. The one thing I love is that I always learn somthing from meeting friends, and because music is involved it makes it that much better. I urge everyone here to make an effort to try to go and meet some of your synthzone friends and share the gift of music with them, you won't be dissappointed for sure!!! I hope to meet many many more down the road.
Who's next...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Take Care

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-06-2003).]

#194425 - 07/06/03 09:52 AM Re: The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
Jaymar Offline

Loc: Wayne, N.J. USA
DNJ- I can't thank you enough for playing at our barbecue yesterday at Rolling Meadows in Wayside, N.J. What a talent! He played poolside with the temp around 95 degrees. Not a complant from Donny. His music had just the right touch for our over 55 crowd. Several people wanted to book DNJ right on the spot for other affairs. Not only is he a great Musician with a fantastic voice, he mingles with the crowd and always has a smile on his face. In some of his past posting's on the Forum DNJ has often said " it's the man playing the keyboard that makes the music something special, not the brand he is playing". He proved this yesterday. Thank You, Thank you for making our day very special. Hoping we will be able to book you for our future events. My Very Best -Joe Balsamini.

#194426 - 07/06/03 02:31 PM Re: The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Donny,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed my vist to your dance club last year and watched how you packed your dance floor like your parking lot.

You are the main reason I bought the great Mackie SMR450 speaker that you were using that night.
When walking from the parking lot I could hear your music. It sounded like a 7 piece band. When I came in and heard the sound was coming out of one speaker I could not believe my ears.

Although I do not "gig" out much any more but when I do I still use that one Mackie speaker with excellent results.

Stay healthy and keep our Ocean County seniors dancing.

The best
Alex

#194427 - 07/06/03 08:38 PM Re: The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
Dnj Offline

Joe, Thankyou.. it was my pleasure to perform at your Community. I enjoyed myself and your great hospitlity. Hope to see you again in the future.

Take care...

#194428 - 07/06/03 08:46 PM Re: The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
Dnj Offline

Alex,

Glad to hear your still enjoying the Mackie SR450 speakers. Please come and visit me anytime your always my guest.

stay well...

#194429 - 07/09/03 05:13 PM Re: The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
Dnj Offline

Who else had met Synthzone members? Tell us about your experience.

#194430 - 07/09/03 07:14 PM Re: The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Wish I could get north of the Mason Dixon Line more. You guys in the Philly, Jersey Shore area are in my old stomping grounds from when I was a kid. If I could, you could bet on a visit.

But sooner or later everyone ends up visiting or moving to Florida. So far the only SZ member that has come by is GlennT. And, while most of my jobs are at private functions and member only clubs, his visit timed out perfectly with a date I had at a local VFW where admission is no problem. It was a pleasure to meet him and talk a little shop. I believe he used to be in the business and is working on updating his gear to get back in.

He and his lady were most welcomed guests and I hope I added to his enthusiasm and knowledge base (to use a Bill Gates term).

The only other personal interaction beyond this board and emails has been on the phone with a couple other members...and it is always fun and educational.

Anyone coming to SE Florida, give me a holler. If it is possible, I would love to meet you.
Eddie

#194431 - 07/09/03 08:14 PM Re: The Best Part About the Synthzone Forum For Me..............
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Eddie,

I've been trying to convince my wife to move to the Keys for 25 years, but she keeps coming up with lousy excuses why we should stay in the People's Republic of Maryland. I hope to be heading in your direction sometime this winter, and with luck, maybe we can get together with some of the other Floridians and tilt a few brewskis.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online