SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#194364 - 01/17/06 03:51 AM MZ-2000 Tweaks????
gustavts Offline

Hi there!!!
Last week I bought the MZ-2000, this keyboard can be tweaked for better sounding, someone can give me a "How To" guide??? Especially for the Pianos!!! Because I can't do it!!!jejejeje To much technology for me I suppose!!! Thanks!!!

#194365 - 01/17/06 04:03 AM Re: MZ-2000 Tweaks????
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Try working with the cutoff and resonance in synth edit..

#194366 - 01/17/06 01:24 PM Re: MZ-2000 Tweaks????
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
gustavts, In case I misunderstood you, I will try and guide you on this...Bring up the piano you want to alter..for example "Stereo piano"..now click on the synth button to the left side below the screen...now select edit..now you can see the parameters , you can control with the sliders below the screen..

I would try lowering the cutoff[darkens the piano] and change the resonance after you change the cut off[filter]..raising the resonance will make it more electronic[we do not want it to sound too electronic]..Experiment and see what you come up with...Don't forget to save it as a user tone, before going on to something else..

#194367 - 01/17/06 01:49 PM Re: MZ-2000 Tweaks????
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Fran is right and I recall this as having being fairly effective on the MZ. You're never going to get a piano sound that is quite the equivalent of a top end sampled piano that uses many megabytes of samples, but there certainly is room for immprovement on the MZ.

AJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online