SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19445 - 06/14/03 07:23 AM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

Loc: LACEY, WASH. USA
On second thought on that operating system, unless you have the V3 option installed , it won't work. Check the Korg web site for the latest and see what you can load. Sorry about that.

#19446 - 06/14/03 03:58 PM Re: trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

I will hold off on the update then.

My pastor bought the ProX used and only GOD Himslef knows where the diskettes are. I downloaded the files from korg, and will try them tommorrow. But how do you re-initialize the PBS-TRI? Is that the same as power on, "Enter and 0". ANd are you saying that this will give me the factory C and D banks? How did you get the files to transfer between the rack and ProX- Midi dump PCGS? That's where I need the help.

keyed

#19447 - 06/14/03 08:20 PM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

OK, I checked my PBS-TRI manual and I saw nothing about diskettes. I thought there was one for it but I am probably wrong.

I am assuming you can see banks "C" and "D". Is that correct? If you can we will be ok here.

You need Kevin Goodman's Trinitro program. You can dump the sounds you want from banks "C" and "D" from the rack into Trinitro and save them each as a PCG file. In the program options you want to select rack when you attempt to download from the rack. You also want to insure you ENABLE EXCLUSIVE before you attempt the download or it won't work.

You would then copy those to a floppy disk and take to the keyboard. Go to disk mode (with the floppy containing the rack PCGs) and select bank "C" to dump rack bank "C" programs and combis and then do the same for bank "D". Should load no problem.

I'm going to load some of the rack patches into the keyboard this week. My trinity Pro is also at church. I got the rack to use with my EMU Proteus Esynth Emulator to work out patches while I'm at home.

I saved the original keyboard patches in Trinitro and also save the rack patches when I got the unit this week. Some of the stuff is different, notably in bak "C" (at least on my used unit). FoOund several patches and a couple two combis I liked and copied them over to my keyboard banks saved in Trinitro. Very slick. (I had empty slots in bank "D" just for this purpose as it is my performance bank primarily.) I'll then copy the PCG of that file onto a floppy and load it into the keyboard this week.

Keep me posted.

--OKJ

--OKJ

#19448 - 06/15/03 02:07 PM Re: trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

OKJ,

You've been a great help. I can see banks C and D. It's just that they are initialized, which are of no use. I will be going back to the church wednesday and thursday. I am about 38 miles from my church. Its a california thing to commute that far. I hope to try what you suggested this week. Sounds like it should work though. I will let you know the outcome.

keyed

#19449 - 06/25/03 04:39 PM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

I have used Trinitro to save my Trinity Rack sounds to hard disk. Have then used copy and paste to add some of the rack sounds to my custom "D" bank for live curch performance.

Loaded the sounds via floppy. Put in the floppy, hit "Disk" and the PCG name comes up. Hit "Open" and the PCG becomes Programs, Combinations, Global, and Drumkits. I selected "Programs" and was given a choice of what bank to load and where. You should have no problem "keyed" on getting you pastor's Trinity back to where it was. Let me know.

--OKJ

#19450 - 07/03/03 01:45 PM Re: trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

OKJ,

I haven't been able to look into it for a while. We just had a big production. I did download trinitro, but am having some configuration problems. No comm. hopefully this 3 day weekend should help me out with some time. Again I appreciate your help

keyed

#19451 - 07/03/03 03:01 PM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

Sounds good. Should work for you. What type of config problems BTW?

--OKJ

#19452 - 09/10/03 11:09 AM Re: trinity preload disk
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Hello Johnson,
I also have trinitro and ive tried to figure out how to do some things.
Ok,
I have the PBS-TRI board installed.
If I load pcgs to the trinity, will I have to reaload the entire 7 disks again and again, if I make changes to the PCG?
Or, does the PBS sounds remain ok?
Im kind of confused on this aspect.

thanks for your help..

best,
musikman

Musikman4Christ........

#19453 - 10/30/03 11:40 AM Re: trinity preload disk
xavier Offline

Loc: Brussels, Belgium
Hello,

The samples remain into the Trinity flash ROM (hehe, the Triton has RAM and we must reload all the samples at each power on)

Alchemist - the Korg Trinity to Triton PCG and SNG converter - http://alchemist.sourceforge.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online