SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#194015 - 02/28/04 09:18 PM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I think the Tyros has excellent key action.

#194016 - 02/28/04 11:21 PM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I second that notion Scott...

Best regards,
Mike

#194017 - 02/28/04 11:43 PM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
and I 3rd it! Scott Yee

#194018 - 02/28/04 11:58 PM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Okay, here is my opinion of Tyros owner.
I think that the Tyros has the "average" key feel of all the 61 notes plastic keyboards, maybe a little better than -say- a Roland VA7 and definitely better than a PSR 2000 (I think that it's a matter of spring calibration, but am not sure).
I think that a light action is better to play things like a synth solo and gives also a better control of the aftertouch, but to play with an acoustic piano sound a heavier action is definitely adviced. So the ideal solution -to me- is to own at least two keyboards.
I used to own a Yamaha digital piano with 88 weighted keys but the action was too heavy and my wrists used to ache after a while, so I think that the best compromise is a 76 notes semi-weighted keyboard.
Among the keyboards I have owned the Yamaha 9000 pro had one of the best actions I remember and I am tempted to try out (and maybe buy) a Korg PA1-Xpro just because everyone speaks well of its action.

#194019 - 02/29/04 05:00 AM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
trtjazz Offline

Having both a Tyros and Motif 8.....the Tyros to me has as good a feel as any other synth weighted keys. That being said, I use the Mo now to control it with weighted piano and do not think I would ever go back to synth action. For myself and style of play I get far more control from the weighted action.

The compromise I think is what my Andromeda had which was a semi weighted action and don't know why that is not an option on all boards....it had probably the best overall key feel of any board I've owned. It was for me just perfect, enough resistence for expressiveness, but not so much it gave carpal tunnel.

So now here's a thought......why hasn't one of these guys invented an adjustable action set of keys? I'm thinking it couldn't be that difficult....turn the screw and it tightens or loosens the entire action.....what an outstanding idea Terry.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 02-29-2004).]

#194020 - 02/29/04 06:26 AM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Hey, thanks for the rplies. I'm gonna be in Nashville for the next week, so I won't get back to the topic for quite awhile. I think you all mostly answered my questions anyway.

Believe me, I'm familiar with synthe keys, but PSR keys seem to be at an all-time low for key feel, at least to me.
The main reason I didn't want a motif is because I wanted an arranger for quick throwing down of ideas and instant drum loops and such.
Thanks again,
Rory

#194021 - 02/29/04 07:46 AM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Rory,
I like the Tyros key feel even more after playing it on the job for two nights. It feels more solid than the PSR 2100, yet allows the quick, light touch necessary for emulation of the various instruments, such as guitar, fiddle, steel, sax, horns, etc.
BTW, I LOVE the Tyros pianos and new guitars.
There is a Blues Guitar, and a Vintage Lead Guitar which are both outstanding.
DonM

#194022 - 02/29/04 07:58 AM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I knew you'd be a perfect fit for that board Don ..... now get busy and RE record some demos for us !
(Like I have room to talk!)

#194023 - 02/29/04 08:00 AM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
Dnj Offline

Hey Don..........can't wait for your indept Tyros review.....

#194024 - 03/01/04 03:43 AM Re: Tyros questions. How do the keys feel?
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
The action on the Korg PA1X-Pro is even better than the 9000 Pro's. -- José.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online