SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193768 - 06/12/06 02:28 AM ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
dani_76_es Offline

Loc: Madrid,España
Hello from Spain!!
My name is Daniel.
Congratulation for this forum(administrators&members).
I am a principiant in arranger keyboards.I owned a Yamaha PSR500,then a Roland XP60(i bought it without knowing what is it ....).i sold both and now i am looking for an arranger kb.
i want to play styles like:Enya,Vangelis,Enigma,then dance-trance styles like:ATB,Paul van Dyk,some pop music:Eros Rammazzotti,Black,Pet Shop Boys,and some rock&blues styles:Joe Cocker,Ray Charles,Joe Lee Hooker,Vaya con Dios.
A need your opinions:exist a kb wich give me this options(to play this styles and sounds).I saw this aclaimed kb,Tyros2,but i am not sure that this it is what i need.I can pay 3000-3300euros for a kb.
Thanks for yours suggestions.
PS:scuse my english....i am just learn this language.

#193769 - 06/12/06 03:01 AM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dani,

Your English is just fine, and probably a lot better than my Spanish. The Tyros2 will probably do everything you wish and much more. One of the primary benefits is there are thousands of third-party style files available for Yamaha keyboards, all of which will play well on the Tyros and Tyros2. These are styles that are in addition to the keyboard's huge number of onboard styles. However, I would urge you to locate a retailer somewhere near where you live and play the keyboard using a quality set of headphones before purchasing. The Tyos2 is a fantastic keyboard, but everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes when it comes to what they hear.

Good luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#193770 - 06/12/06 05:39 AM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
Dnj Offline

Gary sounds like your ready for a T2

#193771 - 06/12/06 12:05 PM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
Magica Alfa Offline

Enya,Vangelis,Enigma,then dance-trance styles like:ATB,Paul van Dyk,some pop music:Eros Rammazzotti,Black,Pet Shop Boys,and some rock&blues styles:Joe Cocker,Ray Charles,Joe Lee Hooker,Vaya con Dios.

This sounds greater on LIONSTRASTCS MEDIASTATION
I'm playing them in two ways. One is arranger mode like Cosa de la vita, some of them with real drum loops of live drums; second I'm playing as midi files and third am played as mp3.

You are having no problems to change mode between songs.
Also real guitar can be played here. Convert of style is simple. You only check some sounds in style and styles come from your PSR500
You can convert also sounds. (As giga format if you want)
You are having up to 3 GB of RAM inside as in my option. But you can update this every day. Also internal hard disk it can be 60 GB but also 200 GB or you can use double HD.
Good sound audio board.

All is on you.

I saw also some photos there like:
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/dealers/essemusic1.jpg

More you can find on
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/

I’m having one keyboard and am something what I need. I can play all the time and every day is sounds better. I thing this is future.

#193772 - 06/12/06 12:12 PM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
dani_76_es do yourself a favour and stick with the manufacturers that are well known and you wont go wrong.
The Tyros2 will easily give you the sounds and styles for the music you are wanting to play listed above

#193773 - 06/12/06 12:57 PM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
dani_76_es Offline

So...between G-70 and PA1 X the Tyros 2 is the best for me for my prefereds styles and sounds(Vangelis...ATB....Joe Cocker).
Thanks at all the members for suggestions.
I am still wait and think in my choice.

#193774 - 06/12/06 01:45 PM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Daniel,
Welcome to this forum.
Gary and Craig gave you the best advice there is

#193775 - 06/12/06 07:55 PM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Daniel,
rock, pop etc no problem finding keyboard styles for these.

Not so sure about styles for Enya, Vangelis.
I haven't found too many
New Age_ Soundtrack type styles in any of the keyboards I've had . Maybe I've been buying the wrong brand of keyboards. haa haa

I did find a bit of New Age type stuff in Band in a Box software. They have some Soundtrack type styles, but, it's used for creating songs, not for playing styles, in realtime.

welcome to the forum.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dani_76_es:
[B] Hello from Spain!!
My name is Daniel.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#193776 - 06/13/06 08:51 AM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
dani_76_es Offline

Just i have visit the Lionstracs site....really sound like a toy for me;i will wait for E-80...then i will take the right decission.

#193777 - 06/13/06 02:25 PM Re: ¿¿¿exist this keyboard¿¿¿
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I sincerely believe one of the best aspects of owning a Yamaha keyboard is the availibility of third party style files. Currently, I have more than 40,000 styles that have been converted, most are pretty darned good, many are outstanding, and some are downright incredible. There is likely more styles available for Yamaha keyboards than all other keyboards combined, and the number seems to climb daily.

Good Luck on whatever keyboard you decide upon,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online