Al:

There is a big difference between the EONs and the KP-200s: the EONs are biamped and the KP-200s is not. FYI: biamped means that seperate amps are powering the tweeter and the woofer. In the KP-200s, all of the wattage goes into a simple crossover then to both the tweeter and woofer at the same time... with EONs the signal goes through a crossover before going to the amp. Biamped systems sound better than non-biamped for the most part.

I own both EONs and the KP-200s... hands down, (2) EONs (for stereo) plus a mixer (for a preamp) will give you more sheer power than the KP-200s will. I think they sound better than the KP-200s too overall. But you are carting a full PA at that point, if that's your wish. The idea with the KP-200s is that it is a one-piece keyboard amp system. It is powerful and convenient - that's why I own it along with my EONs. Also, as a person who performs both with bands and solo I needed versatility - so I use the KP-200s in small to medium gigs and/or band gigs, then in large gigs I can just add my EONs to the KP-200s via the amp's direct outputs. I'm still waiting for a gig to come along that requires both the KP-200s and the EONs at the same time though - which is a statement to the KP's power.