SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193680 - 12/07/00 01:37 PM New Solton SD-1, Will be No 1 ???
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hi all,

After reading some of information from
new SD-1, I think SD-1 will be the best arranger keyboard on the market for this coming year ! Right now X1 is still the best arranger keyboard for my playing. I can't believe this SD-1 is going to be better than my X1 :-( !!! Anyway, I will be at the show
in Anaheim this Jannuary & hope to see some of you solton lover there.

Danny D
LA

#193681 - 12/07/00 03:03 PM Re: New Solton SD-1, Will be No 1 ???
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
donny,
the SD-1 is not yet in the market.and just to remind you that their is the 9000PRO and Roland's new VA-x to be released.so let's not get rushed and have fun watching this guys eating each other with hight end keyboards .

------------------
vic

#193682 - 12/08/00 04:58 AM Re: New Solton SD-1, Will be No 1 ???
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Donny,

Don't tell Uncle Dave that the SD-1 will be number one 'cause that means he's got to upgrade again and part with big bucks. Hey, UD, don't you ever run out of money for equipment? Oh yeah, I forgot . . . its Uncle "Rockefeller" Dave. (Man, where is my head these days?) Well, if UD does buy one, I'll look forward to reading his reviews as always. I'm going to be playing my PSR9000 for at least another 3-4 years (got to recoup my investment).

#193683 - 12/08/00 10:34 AM Re: New Solton SD-1, Will be No 1 ???
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have NO money to spare. However, I do make it a policy to get rid on something old yo make room for something new. Right now I have three boards - A VA7(stays at home) a G7(I play out with) abd an I5s that is a backup. When the next one comes in, I'll bow out the i%s and use the G7 as a backup. It's all a cycle! I never use money from gigs to pay for gear. The family exisits on my salary, and the studio is fed from sales of equipment. Works out well.

#193684 - 12/08/00 12:16 PM Re: New Solton SD-1, Will be No 1 ???
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
uncle Dave,
your strange .you gig with a G7 and I5S(those are kind a old)and you leave the VA-7 at home?.that's the strangest thing I have ever heard.comon uncle Dave...what's so good about the G-7 or even the I5S.I remember playing the I5S for the first time and when I opened it I listened to the PIANO and couldn't stand it so I shut it again.

------------------
vic

#193685 - 12/08/00 01:00 PM Re: New Solton SD-1, Will be No 1 ???
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My crowd isn't listening to an arranger - they are listening to ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never use the piano on the i5s, I prefer the wurltzer electric (much more expressive)
I'm using the G7 exclusivly untill the PA80 comes in - remember......The music is in ME, not the keyboard. The sounds are second place to the performance. I'll list my priorities again:
1) vocal
2) bass/drums (it's a tie)
3) a good solid "chording" sound - (I favor rhodes, acoustic guitar, organs etc...)
4) EVERYTHING ELSE
* * * Give me the first three on the list and I'll deal with anything. As long as I'm singing over a dancable drum beat and I'm PLAYING a solid bass line - I'll stack my performance up against any thing out there.
The arrangers are just gingerbread - the meat and potatoes come from the heart.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online