SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#193467 - 11/20/05 02:36 PM Oasys - Future Arranger?
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
I was watching some videos of the new Korg Oasys (awesome piece).
http://www.karma-lab.com/vp/klvp.html?playID=18

I couldn't help observing that some of the live performances using Karma etc are becoming more and more similar to Arranger style playing - except that the sounds are way more professional, flexible, and 'better' than any arranger.

It doesn't seem long till the arranger and workstation will merge.

Can't wait.

Zalman

#193468 - 11/20/05 05:07 PM Re: Oasys - Future Arranger?
Clif Anderson Offline

Zalman

What is it that you want from an arranger that is missing from the Oasys?

#193469 - 11/20/05 05:55 PM Re: Oasys - Future Arranger?
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi Clif,

I don't actually own an Oasis, so my knowledge of it is only from reading reviews, forums, and watching videos such as the one I linked.

I would say what's missing is a set of more 'conservatively' styled combis, created to suit a large range of classic songs, and some familiar arranger buttons eg fill in etc.

I think most of the technology is already there, it's just a matter of having that type of musician (ie arranger performer) in mind in the design of the hardware/software.

Zalman

#193470 - 11/21/05 01:42 AM Re: Oasys - Future Arranger?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Zalman
The Oasys is basically a workstation rather then an arranger and is essentially a computer and keyboard in one case, with a program written for music, (Just like Word was written for Word Processing) however there are two other manufactures that also have a computer and keyboard in a case, and these are arrangers, one is made by Wersi and is called the Ikarus and the other is by Lionstracs and called the Media station.
As they are all computer based it means upgrading is easy (You don’t need to change the keyboard) and in most cases you are not tied to what the manufacture gives you. (You can use VST plug-ins, Gigasamples etc)
Hope this helps.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online