SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#96733 - 11/18/05 08:17 AM Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Any free programs out there for converting WAV files to MP3 format?

Thanks,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#96734 - 11/18/05 08:24 AM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
audacity... need help, ask me.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#96735 - 11/18/05 08:31 AM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here's one: Free Rip

I haven't tried it myself but it is 'free'.

Best regards,
Mike

#96736 - 11/18/05 09:43 AM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill you want Squeak to have the "Audacity" to ask you for help?

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-18-2005).]

#96737 - 11/18/05 09:49 AM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you have a CD and/or DVD Burner then the supplied Burning software (Roxio, Nero etc) normally has this facility built in.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#96738 - 11/18/05 10:15 AM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
the easiest I've found is called right click mp3. You don't even have to launch the program, just right click on the file name of the wave and it has a 'convert to mp3' or 'convert to mp3 and delete the wav' right there in the menue bar.

#96739 - 11/18/05 12:08 PM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well I downloaded the "audacity" and I got the wav to import, but having trouble converting to MP3 format. If I'm doing it correctly the software is telling me I need to download yet ANOTHER program just to do this. Any suggestions?

I also tried the right click mp3. It downloaded fine. However I right click the wav file on my desk top, then select "Encode to MP3", the correct screen pops up saying hit any key to convert. I press any key. Then I go back to the file, right click it and the damn thing is still in wav format.

Geez I really hate software! That's why I'm a di-hard "HARDWARE" user. Software is just a pain in the ass. This has to be compatible with this, that compatible with that. Just one big freakin mess.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#96740 - 11/18/05 12:52 PM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Well I
I also tried the right click mp3. It downloaded fine. However I right click the wav file on my desk top, then select "Encode to MP3", the correct screen pops up saying hit any key to convert. I press any key. Then I go back to the file, right click it and the damn thing is still in wav format.

Geez I really hate software! That's why I'm a di-hard "HARDWARE" user. Software is just a pain in the ass. This has to be compatible with this, that compatible with that. Just one big freakin mess.

Squeak

Check the program to see were the mp3 file is saved, as it might not save it to the same folder as the wav file is in.

I play a Wersi Abacus, which is software, based (I.e. a computer) but operates just like hardware, and while I have used just hardware and just software in the past, since owning the Wersi there is no way I would go back to just either.

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 11-18-2005).]

#96741 - 11/19/05 05:05 PM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Squeak:

I use a free, downloadable program from Australia called "WavePad" and have been very pleased with it. Works great for editing recordings before actually burning them to CD in either WAV or MP3 format.

WavePad takes a little time to learn and get comfortable with (unless of course you already know how to edit and burn, etc.) but as far as I'm concerned, it's easier and more verstile than CDex which is another popular WAV to CD free software package.

Try "googling" them or use Cnet to find out if they are still available and free. By now, there may be something even more user friendly available.

All my best,

RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#96742 - 11/19/05 05:32 PM Re: Free Programs for WAV to MP3 Conversion?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
iTunes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online