SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#192851 - 09/17/04 03:35 PM Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I will be having small church gatherings in my house in about a month and started thinking what I need to equip it. We will probably will be having this on a monthly basis.

I will have
-one PSR2000 keyboard
-Yamaha electronic drum pads
-maybe a bass guitar
-electric guitar
-another keyboard
-5 mics

Is it too ambitious to run it all to the cheap Logitech Z-2200 speakers ?

Our home has medium size living room, probably about 600 sq feet or so. There will be about 60 people total

What else do I need ? A powered mixer ?

I have not purchased anything yet: any other recs ?

Thanks,
Han

#192852 - 09/17/04 04:52 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
trtjazz Offline

lukitoh,
IMO you need a better sound system for all those instruments.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#192853 - 09/17/04 04:56 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Han,

It's possible to do this with the Z-2200s, however, packing 60 people, plus all of that equipment into 600 square feet is pushing the envelope.

The only way the sound system could handle this is if every instrument was fed through a mixer, then the system doesn't care where the signal comes from.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#192854 - 09/18/04 09:27 AM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
FIVE singers, AND digital drums????
I doubt that the pc speakers can handle that load. BAss guitar too? C'mon .... let's be realistic here.

#192855 - 09/18/04 01:28 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Here is a list of different products you may find interesting Han. PS: I am taking into account that you may not want to spend big bucks on any of the equipment you need for your gathering, hence I tried to find good quality for low prices when I listed the ones below. Btw, the products below can all be found at Guitar Center which is having an "End of the Summer" clearance sale going on now.

Kustom PA KPA804 PA Package
>$159.99< !!!

Here is the link to the Kustom PA system:

Kustom PA System

Nady StarPower 1 Microphone
>$6.99< !!!

Here's the link for the Mics: Nady StarPower 1 Microphone

PS: Read the reviews at the bottom of the link. You will be surprised about the Starpower 1 Mic!

Behringer Eurorack UB1202 Mixer
>$89.99< !!!

A good little 12 Input Mixer for a great price.. It is NOT a Powered Mixer though.

Here is the link to the Behringer Mixer:

Behringer UB-1202 Mixer

Here is a good price and performance Powered Mixer:

Yamaha EMX62M 6-Channel Powered Mixer
>$246.00< !!!

Here is the link to the Yamaha Powered Mixer:

Yamaha EMX62M Powered Mixer

Here is a good little speaker that packs a pretty good punch for the price:

Nady MC-8 2-Way Speaker
>$59.95< !!!

Here's the link:

Nady MC-8 speakers

Here's a .pdf file with the specs on the Nady Speakers:

.PDF on Nady MC8 Speakers

PS: Get some decent 'Cables' on whatever you decide to get Han.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-18-2004).]

#192856 - 09/18/04 08:34 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
FIVE singers, AND digital drums????
I doubt that the pc speakers can handle that load. BAss guitar too? C'mon .... let's be realistic here.

Dave
You and I are in total agreement.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#192857 - 09/18/04 08:46 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Haven't heard much from you these days Terry ..... what's going on in your life? Still using the Tascam recorder?

#192858 - 09/18/04 09:23 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
lukitoh Offline

Mike,
You are giving me great suggestions-these are the kinds of suggestions I am looking for. Not only that, you even pasted some pictures. You are a pal. Let me treat you to a lunch when you come near my place.

Looks like I'm going to Guitar Center asap ! If there are more suggestions (from anyone else is ok too), let me have it too.

Thanks,
Han

#192859 - 09/18/04 09:34 PM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
lukitoh Offline

Mike/others:

Do you think the following will work ?

-Behringer mixer that you suggested (unpowered)
-and the Logitech Z-2200. It is already powered by itself. It is rated 200 watts

Since my house is not that big, this should do right ?

thks

#192860 - 09/19/04 12:45 AM Re: Need cheap recs for sound system, mixer, etc for small gatherings
Beakybird Offline

I found that the Logitech cannot handle that much midrange volume for vocals. You might want to go one step up.

Beakybird

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online