Hi everybody...

sorry for posting my open words to Yamaha on this forum, but I was not able to get any information from Yamaha Rellinghausen/Germany nor to get any contact to Yamaha itself. They are ignoring my emails!!

To Yamaha:

After a couple of years using Yamaha products like DX7-FD, QY-20, SY-88, FC-550 (which is an guitar effect unit)... I finally found the PSR740 two and half year ago. I was so impressed about the internal sounds (my opinion... maybe not be the same as the opinion of other members!), that I decided to sell all other equipment (Proteus P2000, LMK4+, XP-80 with four expansion cards, JV1010 with one expansion card and Korg 0X5R) and play only the PSR740 together with a Korg NX5R Sound Unit. I play in a life band (www.coconuts-band.de) and I´m not so deeply interested in styles or other things for solo musicians.
My idea was to have a sound unit, which helps more to practise instead of sound programming (or better said for PSR740 sound parametrizing). Unfortunatelly I had one of the first PSR740 with bugs in the firmware and I had to change the ROMs (I know this it not easy, if there are no sockets for the ICs).

Since April last year I red every posting about the upcoming PSR2000. Especially the download feature (published in German Yamaha Flyers and on several websites) was one of the main reason for me to decide to upgrade to the PSR2000 and to sell my old PSR740 to my local Musicdealer.
Cause I´m working in the IT-Market, designing software and hardware components for building automation, I know exactly the prices for flash memory e.g. from ATMEL, SST, INTEL, HUNDAY and so on. I know also that you never can trust OS release 1.0. It´s normal today (see Microsoft) that customers are doing the latest tests specially of software and that soon after the first version is released there a Service Packs, Patches... available!!

By the way, even small units like ROLAND JV1010 or KORG NX5R can be downloaded!!!

Is it now possible to download the OS of the PSR2000 or do I definitly have to change ROM-Units. If there is no download feature, why?
Because of the price... come on... a flash part AT29C010 A (1 Megebit) costs in low quantities about $2, for Yamaha $1. For 1 Megabyte we need 8 Units or an higher integrated device. Let´s say about $10 for this, what means $40 end selling price. For me it would be not a problem, if the price of the PSR2000 would be $40 more. But it is a problem that this feature is not implemented. Two major updates in two months, seems to be a lot of essential bugs in the OS (upgrade: e.g. 1.0 to 2.0, major update: e.g. 1.1 to 1.2, minor update: e.g. 1.1 to 1.15).
I got OS 1.00 and sent my keyboard to weeks ago to Yamaha Germany. Do they replace the flash parts (if there are any in release 1.00 as mentioned on this board) with ROMs? I´ll get my keyboard hopefully back on Saturday. What will be implemented OS 1.10 or OS 1.20. What will I do to get the next OS release. I know a lot of bugs I found in release 1.00!!

If the story with the ROM-based OS is true, I´m so "pissed" of Yahama!!!!
What´s wrong with you. Did you forgot that the customer is paying the revenue, nobody else. Can you imagine how much afford and money it costs to get one new customer to buy YAMAHA products and how terribel for your company it is if you loose customers, cause they will force other customers not to buy YAMAHA products either?
If this is true and there will be no solutions for this, I will never buy products from a company in my life, selling me a "car with 120 PS", and afterwards there are only "90 PS" available. This is cheating!!!

Where are comments to this from Yamaha??

What solutions will you offer to your customers??? E.g. replace the ROM units with flash parts, customer pays 50% of the costs.

I´m really curious if anybody of YAMAHA is reading this and gives an answer.

Datablues

Datablues