You know you can buy the Value Pack with pretty much any PSR keyboard. Some outfits include the Value Pack in the price, others charge $20-$30 extra.

What do you get. A horrible set of headphones, and a cheap footswitch that will break after a couple of months. The cheaper PSRs come with a power supply - usually a necessity.

The Value Pack also comes with an offer to extend the warranty on your keyboard from 1 year to 2 years. In exchange for telling Yamaha how much money you make and what your favorite hobbies are, they extend your warranty.

About 6 weeks ago one of my PSR2000s blew out a speaker. It hasn't been fixed yet because there is a backlog on Yamaha factory speakers. At least the unit is in my home where I can practice on it.

My broken PSR2000 wouldn't be receiving free repair and parts replacement if I hadn't purchased the Value Pack. I needed a copy of the receipt of the Value Pack purchase. Sending in the warranty card is not good enough. That just goes to the marketing department. With a copy of the warranty, I'm getting free service. Without it, I'd be paying up the wazoo.

These PSRs break, especially if you play them a lot. So make sure you get the Value Pack and keep all receipts.

Beakybird