SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#190438 - 10/25/05 12:40 PM Re: Bose PA questions
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Got it, plugged it in, turned it on, and it sounds great.
I am now going to install the OS upgrade now, but I don't see how it could sound much better.
I'll use it on the job tonight for the REAL test.
DonM

#190439 - 10/25/05 01:23 PM Re: Bose PA questions
DonM Offline

Upgrade installed. It's quite a process but I got through it o.k. You need a CD burner and a DVD player to upgrade.
Not sure whether I like the new settings as well as the original (#5) I was using.
Now to go set up in a real situation.
DonM

#190440 - 10/25/05 02:08 PM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Don......IMO nothing sounds better then #5 on BOTH L/R inputs.........is super clear & crisp just boost the bass on the remote channel 1&2 to the 2 O'clock position........

55 & 57 are a bit deeper..........but each KB settings + KB EQ's combined with the PAS settings will give different resuts to your ears........you made a wise choice ....enjoy!!

good luck

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-25-2005).]

#190441 - 10/25/05 02:40 PM Re: Bose PA questions
DonM Offline

OOOH, I like 55 a lot too. I think I'll go with that to start.
DonM

#190442 - 10/25/05 03:03 PM Re: Bose PA questions
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
You're gonna go home after the first set to let us know what you think...right?

I'll bet you didn't have to check to see if the sub was working did ya?

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 10-25-2005).]

#190443 - 10/25/05 03:07 PM Re: Bose PA questions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I talked with Don on the phone just about an hour ago, he was happy as a clam. He also said the kid at the store had no idea what he was doing and he sure didn't have the sub hooked up right. I'm sure he'll provide us with a glowing review later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#190444 - 10/25/05 09:03 PM Re: Bose PA questions
DonM Offline

Just got in from the job. I must admit that the Bose is all that was advertised. I started out using #5, and it sounded really good, then I decided to try #55, and it sounded even better.
I got lots of great comments from customers and staff alike, about how clear and smooth the sound was. The thing is really powerful too. I had the inputs on the base at 5, and the inputs on the remote a little less than 5. The master was barely cracked, maybe 2 or 3. The bass is strong and solid, the mids and highs crisp and clear.
I can't wait to get it in a place where I can really crank it up.
I placed the column a few feet behind me and to the right and the subcabinet just in front of it, directly to my side. That's the only place I had room, because the duo that's there on the weekend left their huge Yamaha speakers and powered mixer plus a table on the bandstand.
I put on a midi file and took my cordless mic and walked all around the room. The sound carries remarkably well, not very directional at all.
I plugged cables from the left and right outputs of the SD1 directly into channels one and two of the Bose. I plugged the output of the laptop directly into channels three and four of the Bose, so I could play MP3s on my breaks. Everything worked great. I will streamline the cables a little when I get a chance.
So far, I must give the Bose an A Plus.
I will try to get HankB over there tomorrow night to critique and see if any tweaking is needed.
Thanks for all the help and advice, guys!
DonM

#190445 - 10/26/05 05:42 AM Re: Bose PA questions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Like I said earlier--You're gonna' love what you hear, and your customers will love it more! BTW, I was mistaken when I told you my preset was 57--I looked last night and it was 55.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#190446 - 10/26/05 06:10 AM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Just got in from the job. I must admit that the Bose is all that was advertised. I started out using #5, and it sounded really good, then I decided to try #55, and it sounded even better.
I got lots of great comments from customers and staff alike, about how clear and smooth the sound was. The thing is really powerful too. I had the inputs on the base at 5, and the inputs on the remote a little less than 5. The master was barely cracked, maybe 2 or 3. The bass is strong and solid, the mids and highs crisp and clear.
I can't wait to get it in a place where I can really crank it up.
I placed the column a few feet behind me and to the right and the subcabinet just in front of it, directly to my side. That's the only place I had room, because the duo that's there on the weekend left their huge Yamaha speakers and powered mixer plus a table on the bandstand.
I put on a midi file and took my cordless mic and walked all around the room. The sound carries remarkably well, not very directional at all.
I plugged cables from the left and right outputs of the SD1 directly into channels one and two of the Bose. I plugged the output of the laptop directly into channels three and four of the Bose, so I could play MP3s on my breaks. Everything worked great. I will streamline the cables a little when I get a chance.
So far, I must give the Bose an A Plus.
I will try to get HankB over there tomorrow night to critique and see if any tweaking is needed.
Thanks for all the help and advice, guys!
DonM

Don.....Its gonna get better every time you use it on stage.....I keep the gain pods on the base for 1&2 at about 9......gain on the remote at 12 oclock..........Master remote at 11oclock......then just control levels from the KB master etc etc ........
The PAS wil do you right!

#190447 - 10/26/05 08:54 AM Re: Bose PA questions
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I wish I were a public performer just to have an excuse to buy a PAS; I have always been a fan of the Bose "indirect" sound concept for my home stereo system (purchased almost every series of Bose 901 till # V).
Don, congratulations for your new purchase: I am sure that you will enjoy it for many years to come! Besides the terrific sound, the design is so !

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online