#190428 - 10/20/05 09:22 PM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Way to go Don..........you done good buddy

#190429 - 10/21/05 12:28 PM Re: Bose PA questions
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What a load of crap............thanx for the laugh my friend .....this is why I dont listen to any of this stuff.....and make MY own decision with my own ears!
I auditioned it, I bought it, I love its sound,
my audiences love it, my back loves it, my pocket loves it...Nufff Said

What part was the load of c*** Donny? I was pointing out some facts and giving you my opionion which I am free to do right?

Btw, I never said the PAS system was too heavy either.

I guess I can assume part of the load of c*** you were referring to was when I said: "If you don't mind the discrepancies and the added hassle to setup and tear down and the sound is adequate to your ears and more importantly to the audiences then more power to you" - since you didn't make a distinction from your post.

It is your money and you can sure do what you want with it Donny. I never implied anything different.

And when I made my statement about the PAS being 250W RMS I was referring directly from the Bose PAS Manual, nothing more nothing less. Only when I investigated further did I find that Bose "bridged" the Amps together increasing the Wattage. Too bad that info was not stated on their web site or more importantly in their Manual.

Step away from the computer and get some fresh air my friend. And while your at it smell the roses..

Best regards,
Mike

#190430 - 10/21/05 12:51 PM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Mike,
Sorry if I ruffled your feathers....but, I'll always speak my mind....yes, I respect your opinion pro or con........thats what forums are for, if ya give it ya gotta take it. If & when something ever comes on board thats better for me then the PAS I'll be there to try it for sure.......
Btw, sometimes those roses dont smell to nice

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-21-2005).]

#190431 - 10/21/05 01:22 PM Re: Bose PA questions
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

And when I made my statement about the PAS being 250W RMS I was referring directly from the Bose PAS Manual, nothing more nothing less. Only when I investigated further did I find that Bose "bridged" the Amps together increasing the Wattage. Too bad that info was not stated on their web site or more importantly in their Manual.
Best regards,
Mike

Can I ask if it's not on the web site or in the manual where did you get the information "when I investigated further" because I also would like to investigate further. Can you give us a link to the site or the article to which you are referring.
But the key here is people are buying and using this system because of the sound and performance not because of numbers they read on a piece of paper. I think it sounds great and if they can do that using 2 watts at 3/4 of an ohm with 6% THD and slew rate of 50 who cares.

"On this day in 1879, Thomas Edison invented the electric light bulb"

And I'm sure someone sitting home read the specs and said "that'll never work"

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 10-21-2005).]

#190432 - 10/24/05 01:09 PM Re: Bose PA questions
mikeathome1 Offline

Got an email from Bose today part of it reads
"Thank you for your interest in Bose Corporation.

There are twenty-four 2.25" drivers rate 4 ohms arranged vertically into the
flagpole-shaped enclosure. That is twelve drivers in each section that make up
the one cylindrical radiator."

Still would like to "investigate further"

#190433 - 10/24/05 01:36 PM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Go to Guitar center try one with your KB >>>buy one>>>>> keep it, or return it in 30 days

#190434 - 10/24/05 03:21 PM Re: Bose PA questions
MrEd Offline

Don't know if it was mentioned before but Bose has an offer on their website, something like ...

They will loan up to $2300 towards a PAS purchase with 0% interest, to be paid back over a max period of 12 months thru your major credit card, Visa, Master, etc.
A charge is made to your credit card each month.

Not bad if you really want one and you don't want to lay out all the cash at one time (before the holidays)

#190435 - 10/25/05 08:45 AM Re: Bose PA questions
mikeathome1 Offline

Actually I already have a PAS, and I like it by the way, I was just wondering when keybplayer said he "investigated further" where that was because I too would like to read the article or follow the research path that he used to reach his conclusions.

#190436 - 10/25/05 08:57 AM Re: Bose PA questions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've been trying to find something posted along the same lines, and so far I cannot find anything similar to what Keyboadplayer describes. Please post the link so we can examine the document as well.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#190437 - 10/25/05 11:41 AM Re: Bose PA questions
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It just arrived. I'll be setting it up now. I only have 3 hours to tweak it before going to set up for my Tues, Wed, Thurs, job. I hope to be able to use it tonight.
DonM

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online