SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#190288 - 01/02/02 01:16 PM Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
William,
Glad to hear you got your PSR9000 connections working. Welcome to the PSR fan club !

Hi Roel,
How's it going in beautiful Holland?
Congratulations. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback report on your new Terratec DMX6fire 24/96 soundcard. What software program(s) will you be using for digital audio recording? Soundforge, CakeWalk Sonar? Can't wait to hear your next song recorded thru your new DMX6fire.

I just installed Cakewalk Sonar XL on my PC (Dell Dimension 8200, P4, 1.8 gigahertz running Windows XP which includes the new WDM drivers. WDM drivers are highly recommended because audio latency is so much improved over the older MME drivers. With WDM drivers, you can use real time effects while monitoring live input and apply real time effects during recording. You can also play software synths from an external controller without undue latency. Very impressive !

- Scott

PS: All my music programs (except XG Works) seem to be running fine on Windows XP.

#190289 - 01/03/02 11:11 AM Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ?
Roel Offline

Scott,
It's OK in the Netherlands, but busy ! (6 gigs in the first 2 weeks of 2002)
They almost bring in more money than my 'real' job...

William seems to be extremely happy with his 9000PRO ... he's a fantastic guy.

Since I have some money to spend I ordered :
A brandnew soundcard
a 15" NEC-Mitsubishi LCD screen 1550m
the Native Instruments 'B4 Organ' software.

I expect to get the stuff tomorrow.

Fran woke me up writing about the B4 package and I realized B4 is the best Hammond (in a box) especially with a soundcard that has only 2 msecs Latency.

I already downloaded a demo of B4 but my current card just caused too much delay. The sound however is truly AMAZING. I could not believe my ears ... real Hammond tone-wheels and effects as leslie and overdrive WOW !!

Roel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online