yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ?

Posted by: guillermo

yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 02:29 AM

hello musicians ,
please help me for I have a problem ,and I cannot find the solution for it .
there we go :
one week ago I bought a yamaha 9000 pro .a perfect instrument .I am very satisfied about it .
I made a connection with my pc by connecting midi out and midi in at the yamaha side and the joystick connection at the pc side.
put the "host select "of the yamaha on "midi a " and it is working perfect , so when I am playing on my yamaha I can see the notes in sequences programs as band in a box and cakewalk a.s.o.
but..... after that I bought a computer HOST connection in my music store, and I downloaded the CBX serial port driver and the instruction for all the connections between the keyboard and the pc from the yamaha webpage of the u.k.
I made a connection with the host connection between the yamaha 9000 ,« selected :PC1» and the COM 1 of the pc and started the yamaha and the pc .
After that : the result is ZERO !
first : it was impossible to install the CBX driver .
I got the message :"setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL_which is needed to complete the installation . error 103 ."
second : when I was going to the configuration of my COM 1, I really do not know what to choose behind DATA TRANSPORT : Xon/Xoff ,Hardware or "nothing ".
I really do not know what to do there to make the right connection for that COM 1 .
so , is there anyone who can help me what to do , step by step, to install the driver and to make a right connection between the 9000 pro and the pc ?
william .
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 03:00 AM

Hi there Guillermo
Nice to see you here at SZone.
I guess I leave the answer for your new PSR
to the experts, just wanna say hello and ask
you if you still are a KN user, even if you
bought a new Yammie?
GJ

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 05:40 AM

hello !
I sold my kn 5000 , for I had always problems with the typical "technics" files when I like to communicate with users of others marks as yamaha , korg ,or roland etc.
and technics refuges to change their system so.... now I play on my yamaha and...with ONE button it is a NORMAL midifile.
perfect !
william

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 07:50 AM

Yepp, if your goal is to make midifiles of
the songs you play, then Technics is a bit
more tricky than Ketron and Yamaha etc.
Well, I whish you all good luck with your
new "baby", the most imortant is that you're
happy with it
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 12-30-2001).]
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 08:41 AM

I'm, not sure, but I think the PC2 connection is the one to use. It's the one right NEXT to the midi selection. Remember - you can't use midi AND the serial connecter at the same time.Turn the KB OFF before you switch the "to host" switch too.
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 09:56 AM

Hi Guillermo.

1-Turn the PC and Kb OFF before to connect to PC.
2-Make sure that your plug and play has recognized PC2>COM 1 connection.
3-Enjoy 9000Pro!!!

Brasilian regards
Chico
Posted by: Roel

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 01:47 PM

Hello William,
You made the right choice in purchasing the Yammie... congrats !
I just sent you the installation software I got with my PC-To Host cable and I hope it will help you out. If not ..... just call me !
btw. I'm afraid Technics keyboards will disappear from the market soon.

Roel

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 12/30/01 02:11 PM

Don't be afraid Roel, it probably will show
up under another name, i.e. Panasonic
If it disappears, it's a pity, really, because
it's not the quality who is the problem, it's
the world wide distribution and the high priced
addons, such as the HD.
GJ

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 01/02/02 09:48 AM

hi jonny gunnar ,uncle dave , chico brasil and roel.
thanks a lot for all your advices.
nice to have friends all over the world to help each other in supporting to playing on a musical keyboard
as you perhaps do not know , roel and I are living in the same little country holland
we are living 3 hours driving away from each other.
I did not know him before , but I met him ……on this keyboard forum years ago and after discovering that we are living in the same country in europe we are visiting each other with our wifes twice a year .
he converted for me 20 performances of my own , played in real time , to my first cd ,so this year with X mas I was sending all my music friends a Xmas cd.
thank you my friend roel !
I received from different others from the web by email a driver for my host connection of my yamaha 9000 and after some studying that stuff , all is working oke after the installation
so , thanks you all for your support !
end of the discussion.
nice to have a good forum that you can trust
guillermo .

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 01/02/02 12:50 PM

Hi Willem,
Great to hear your machinery is working now !
Enjoy your PSR9kpro and the coming MSP5's.
Today I ordered a new soundcard for my PC : The terratec DMX6fire 24/96.
The specs are VERY impressive so I hope to be able to make better sounding CD's

Roel
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 01/02/02 01:16 PM

William,
Glad to hear you got your PSR9000 connections working. Welcome to the PSR fan club !

Hi Roel,
How's it going in beautiful Holland?
Congratulations. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback report on your new Terratec DMX6fire 24/96 soundcard. What software program(s) will you be using for digital audio recording? Soundforge, CakeWalk Sonar? Can't wait to hear your next song recorded thru your new DMX6fire.

I just installed Cakewalk Sonar XL on my PC (Dell Dimension 8200, P4, 1.8 gigahertz running Windows XP which includes the new WDM drivers. WDM drivers are highly recommended because audio latency is so much improved over the older MME drivers. With WDM drivers, you can use real time effects while monitoring live input and apply real time effects during recording. You can also play software synths from an external controller without undue latency. Very impressive !

- Scott

PS: All my music programs (except XG Works) seem to be running fine on Windows XP.

Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ? - 01/03/02 11:11 AM

Scott,
It's OK in the Netherlands, but busy ! (6 gigs in the first 2 weeks of 2002)
They almost bring in more money than my 'real' job...

William seems to be extremely happy with his 9000PRO ... he's a fantastic guy.

Since I have some money to spend I ordered :
A brandnew soundcard
a 15" NEC-Mitsubishi LCD screen 1550m
the Native Instruments 'B4 Organ' software.

I expect to get the stuff tomorrow.

Fran woke me up writing about the B4 package and I realized B4 is the best Hammond (in a box) especially with a soundcard that has only 2 msecs Latency.

I already downloaded a demo of B4 but my current card just caused too much delay. The sound however is truly AMAZING. I could not believe my ears ... real Hammond tone-wheels and effects as leslie and overdrive WOW !!

Roel